Fall Fashion Clearance
137 Members and 17056 Guests Online

Recipe Swap

Ninja Storm

Started 1307390876.32 in Recipe Swap | Last reply 1308797004.027 by mallemo

I have no clue on how to make anything with this machine. I was told that there would be a book in it and all there quick start but it only list 2 receipts and no Ice cream or anything else that was made on the show. HELP ME OR I AM RETURNING IT TOMRROW

Page 1 of 1
nomless1307391224.024362 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

It's a blender / chopper. So, you can chop things (e.g., onions). You can make smoothies (any combination of fruit/veg that you want, some juice or yogurt for the liquid part). You can make frozen drinks (e.g, margaritas). You can make things that have several choped ingredients (e.g., salsa, guacamole). Whatever you do in a blender or in a chopper, you can do with the Ninja (might have to adjust quantity to Ninja Storm size). Lots of people enjoy making ice cream in it (some frozen fruit, some cream, some sugar if you want to add it).

Have fun playing with you new Ninja!

Last edited on 6/6/2011

Last edited on 6/6/2011

LilBitMiss­ty1307392674.2475992 PostsRegistered 12/15/2009Washington State

cindyusa...Hi. I see you are new. First I want to welcome you to RS...This is a wonderful forum. The posters here are wonderful people. They are polite, kind, caring and warm people. They step right in to help others when they need it. I hope to get to know you and hope you share some of your favorite recipes with us! Smile Sorry the ninja only comes with two recipes. I looked this up for you in hopes it will help you.

CLICK HERE

AND CLICK HERE

Worrying is like rocking back and and forth in a rocking chair. It gives you something do to, but gets you nowhere!

5pugmom1307393296.793748 PostsRegistered 2/15/2007

I googled for Ninja recipes and there are a lot on the web. Especially on Food.com. I haven't made a lot of stuff yet, but the one I have made every day (okay...sometimes twice {#emotions_dlg.blush}) is the 25 calorie version of the McDonalds Strawberry Lemonade freeze. It is AWESOME in the Ninja. I am still perfecting the ice cream with bananas, strawberries and ff half and half. I had WAY too much liquid in the first time.

Also-I found a bunch of vidoes on You Tube of people making all kinds of things. A lot of Iced coffee. It's SO handy. I love this thing and I don't cook at all. My protein shakes int he mornign have NEVER been better!!

Love the internet! It has a lot of great stuff out there and a LOT of really creative people that makes lots of great stuff.

Belle Mich­elle1307398397.3073 PostsRegistered 3/27/2011

Yep, not happy about that, BUT any recipe that calls for a food processor or blender can probably be done in the Ninja. Just got mine and haven't used it, yet.

I think (hope) there is a cook book for the Ninja, somewhere on QVC. The recipe for the ice cream is supposed to be on David Venable's Facebook page. Checking that one out, next.

LilBitMiss­ty1307399254.645992 PostsRegistered 12/15/2009Washington State

Belle Michelle..Hi and welcome to RS!! Here you go.....

click here

If you find the ice cream recipe, could you post it for us? Thanks! Smile

Last edited on 6/6/2011

Last edited on 6/6/2011

Worrying is like rocking back and and forth in a rocking chair. It gives you something do to, but gets you nowhere!

wyosmurf1307529353.792 PostsRegistered 6/6/2011

just ordered my ninja storm. found 2 boxes on the website with ninja recipes.

also looking for the ice cream recipe which was supposed to be in david's recipes, but unable to find it.

gonnab1307536677.3772939 PostsRegistered 8/10/2007Conn.

I've been making the "ice cream" - real easy - just 2 parts frozen fruit and 1 part half-n-half (I use fat-free). I sometimes add a little sugar. It's good, not as good as HagenDaaz but good and it's fat-free which is important to me as I am on a heart-healthy diet. My only complaint is that the favors are not quite intense enough - it tastes a little watered down so I'm going to try to add food flavoring next time. Made the mocha coffee yesterday which tastes just like DD's coffee coolata and MUCH healthier. (Frozen coffee cubes, FF chocolate sauce, and FF HnH). I need to get some DiVinci sauces!

age 78, sensitive/combo skin, few fine lines, lack of firmness especially to cheeks, short natural (never colored) grey hair, brown eyes

mallemo1307583375.729953 PostsRegistered 7/1/2007Minnesota
On 6/8/2011 wyosmurf said:

just ordered my ninja storm. found 2 boxes on the website with ninja recipes.

also looking for the ice cream recipe which was supposed to be in david's recipes, but unable to find it.

Click here for the ice cream recipes.

SRomo1308517973.2332 PostsRegistered 6/19/2011

I found some Ninja Storm recipes on QVC.... go to Ninja Storm item and there is a link with 16 pages of recipes in the Learn More section. I thought the ice cream recipe only used ice cubes and cream??? You have to cook this one. Looked much easier in the demonstation... Oh well, I'll be making lots of smoothies :o)

A Walker1308518637.1031225 PostsRegistered 1/4/2011
THANK YOU ladies for all your input! I too began to use it for the first time last night and I was happy when I finally got the top off :). I discovered it's anything you want it to be re chopping, desserts, smoothies, etc. Have fun experimenting with it like I intend to!

mallemo1308797003.9979953 PostsRegistered 7/1/2007Minnesota
On 6/19/2011 SRomo said:

I found some Ninja Storm recipes on QVC.... go to Ninja Storm item and there is a link with 16 pages of recipes in the Learn More section. I thought the ice cream recipe only used ice cubes and cream??? You have to cook this one. Looked much easier in the demonstation... Oh well, I'll be making lots of smoothies :o)

You only have to cook the second recipe. The first one involves no cooking.

Page 1 of 1