Frequent Contributor

Was excited to receive it, but...has to be returned..

love the 9" size but

does not respond to touch basically have to touch and hold hard to get it to respond

to wake up...pushing the start button takes a long time and a couple of tries

charged it for almost 5 hours today, and nothing...still at 36% battery life

mounted the SD card and froze the tablet had to hit restart on the back

so disappointed..

anyone else returning or having problems..

Super Contributor

Re: haier tablet disappointment

All I can tell you is to buy an iPad. It will not disappoint.
Super Contributor

You get what you pay for.

Super Contributor

On 1/29/2014 gazelle77 said: All I can tell you is to buy an iPad. It will not disappoint.
Gazelle's right. My iPad is fast as it can be. Love it. Sorry the you are disappointed.
Regular Contributor

Every single low budget, low end Android tablet is like this. Be it from Haier, PanDigital or the local seven eleven. Always has, always will. There is not low cost options to tablets that do what they say they will do.
Esteemed Contributor

You may want to look at the Nexus 7 32GB (2013) edition. I have been using mine for two weeks. It is a nice tablet running Android 4.4. You may want to consider the Samsung Galaxy3 8"" Tab.

Frequent Contributor

Thanks...Samsung will be my choice, that is what I truly wanted, but....learned a lesson...

Honored Contributor

On 1/29/2014 ilovedaisies said:
On 1/29/2014 gazelle77 said: All I can tell you is to buy an iPad. It will not disappoint.
Gazelle's right. My iPad is fast as it can be. Love it. Sorry the you are disappointed.

ITA; my ipad is better than any android tablet I have used....save your money and buy yourself an ipad; you won't regret it! I think most of the android ones I see now on QVC are junk.

Super Contributor

I have one those "junk" tablets of which you write. I've been using it for over a year without a problem. Granted it's not as slick as my daughter's iPad but it does what I need it to do. Oh, and it cost me about $80.

Grow old my body but stay young my heart
Honored Contributor

You don't have to have an IPad. But buy a known brand with decent ratings and think about YOUR needs. Not everyone needs the latest, greatest, most expensive. Look for lots of reviews for the tablet being used the way you will use it.

Also, consider a refurbished IPad from Apple. Even an IPad 2. Hubby is a hot shot tech guy and is still happy with his 2. He is getting a new one for his bd, but only because I don't know what to get him and he's worn the old 2 slick--but it is still working!