Frequent Contributor

Any recommendations for a great makeup remover wipe?

Ladies, for no reason other than wanting clean skin, I have become quite obsessed with makeup remover wipes. I have used purity from philosophy for years and I love it, I just wanted to use a wipe before the purity. I have pretty sensitive skin and it gets irritated quite easily. I gravitate towards fragrance free products but I figure that I would just be washing my face immediately after using the wipe so that would be ok. I've only used the Olay facial wipes (the dry ones that you need to wet) and the Neutrogena ones that come in the blue packaging and I like both. Are there any other particular ones that anyone would recommend?

Super Contributor

Re: Any recommendations for a great makeup remover wipe?

philosophy makes purity wipes too. I use them when I'm too tired to get up and wash my face.

Respected Contributor

Pacifica makes nice ones. Also, yes to Carrots has a few varieties I enjoy. You can get both at Target.
Honored Contributor

Generic sensitive and/or fragrance-free baby wipes work very well, and they MUCH more economical.

Plus, they're multi-use.

Honored Contributor

For a long time, I was only using my cleansing oil at night. It would get all my makeup off so I thought I was doing just fine. After reading some posts about pre-cleansing with a facial wipe, I thought I'd give it a shot. I use the Kirkland facial cloths from Costco. You get a ton of them in the box and I don't think they were that expensive. So, now I use the wipe first and then proceed with the oil cleansing. I've also started using a cleansing wipe to do a quick cleanse of my makeup brushes immediately after use to get the surface stuff off. It helps keep them clean a little longer before doing a legit washing of them.

Super Contributor

Yes to Carrots is what I now use.

Super Contributor

I put a pump of my DHC deep cleansing oil on a fragrance-free baby wipe and make my own makeup remover wipes. The baby wipes come in a nice container (I get the store brand) and you can use any makeup remover or oil cleanser with them.

Esteemed Contributor

The ponds or neutrogena ones are good.
Super Contributor

On 3/26/2015 feline groovy said:

Generic sensitive and/or fragrance-free baby wipes work very well, and they MUCH more economical.

Plus, they're multi-use.

They are multi-use! I love using them to clean my dusty, dirty floor boards, to wipe off the hair color around my face when dying my hair, and as makeup remover wipes.

edit- I don't mean floor boards but those boards at the bottom of the wall that stick out and get so dusty and dirty- don't know what they are called.

Honored Contributor

I really love the derma-e hydrating facial wipes with hylauronic acid. They are some of the most gentle wipes and really get my face clean.