Occasional Contributor

Recently "WENNED" and Hair is SUPER FRIZZY ~ Any Suggestions?

Hi,

I began using Wen about 2 1/2 months ago. I bought a kit with the 613 because the TSV for that day sold out, and I was anxious to give it a try. I have med. length, highlighted, fine hair that is wavy/frizzy, but NOT in that nice "beachy wave" kind of way. Anyways, I was liking the 613, my hair seemed to be coming around until now. My hairstylist mentioned how good my hair was looking, but a couple of weeks ago she literally said "what happened to your hair?" Not the kind of thing that makes me want to keep going with this program. So, for the past few weeks my hair is looking more like hay each time I cleanse. Its dry, frizzy, and I have no clue what I'm doing wrong. I even called the Wen number on the back of the bottle, left 5 messages requesting a return call, and nada, nothing, not even a voice mail. I then sent an email last Friday, no reply. I don't want to throw in the towel (no pun intended), but don't know what else to do. Its an investment, which I don't mind making, but to have this terrible, unmanageable frizz, that appears very unpolished isn't cutting it.

Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to give suggestions or thoughts. I appreciate it, and so should Wen, because your input could be what keeps me as a customer since the company hasn't responded.

PS ~ I've been using the Sweet Almond Mint Re-Moist, leaving it on overnight, without any success fixing the frizz.

Honored Contributor

Re: Recently ""WENNED"" and Hair is SUPER FRIZZY ~ Any Suggestions?

Wash with clarifying SHAMPOO.

Then go back to WEN.

Sometimes the only thing that works is a shampoo to eliminate the build up you get from WEN.

I can go 2-3 months between a clarifying shampoo.

It's not a sign of ""failure"" - it works for a lot of us!

Regular Contributor

If you're using nothing but 613, the high amount of protein in it has caused your hair to go into "protein overload" from what I've read in other places on this forum. Lots of us mix 613 in with a core CC ( like Fig, SAM, TT, etc...). Some only use 613 once a week. If you have one of the original core CC's, start using that alone or mix the 613 in with it & see how your hair does. Hopefully, others will post tonight.

Good luck!

Super Contributor

I cannot use 613 due to the protein - maybe you are in the same boat, OP? What you've described includes some of the same things I experience with 613. Now I stick to TT and FIG, and I don't have those issues anymore.

Super Contributor

On 3/25/2015 MAmom said:

If you're using nothing but 613, the high amount of protein in it has caused your hair to go into "protein overload" from what I've read in other places on this forum. Lots of us mix 613 in with a core CC ( like Fig, SAM, TT, etc...). Some only use 613 once a week. If you have one of the original core CC's, start using that alone or mix the 613 in with it & see how your hair does. Hopefully, others will post tonight.

Good luck!

Looks like we posted at the same time. Great minds and all!

Respected Contributor

You may need to use something other than 613. Some say it has too much protein. I'm sure someone more knowledgeable can explain it. Switch to a different wen formula and see what happens. I also found using the styling creme on my hair after it has been wrapped in the towel really all but eliminates my frizz.
Regular Contributor

Ya know, cosmic 1, I ALWAYS used to put the sc on my hair AFTER it was wrung out & I blotted the excess moisture out of it.

For the past week, I have been applying my sc in shower while my hair was still soaking wet as Chaz stressed on his shows. And my hair has been like hay in places ( i have shoulder length, thick/frizzy/curly hair ). I was blaming it on my hairs reaction to the MIF & gave the kit to my daughter. Maybe I should have kept up with MY usual routine.

Respected Contributor

On 3/25/2015 MAmom said:

Ya know, cosmic 1, I ALWAYS used to put the sc on my hair AFTER it was wrung out & I blotted the excess moisture out of it.

For the past week, I have been applying my sc in shower while my hair was still soaking wet as Chaz stressed on his shows. And my hair has been like hay in places ( i have shoulder length, thick/frizzy/curly hair ). I was blaming it on my hairs reaction to the MIF & gave the kit to my daughter. Maybe I should have kept up with MY usual routine.

MAmom: I only seem to have success with the SC after I have lightly towel dried my hair. When I follow the technique suggested by Chaz I don't get 'hay' hair I get the opposite: hair that looks really weighed down. I just can't control the distribution when I apply it to soaking wet hair. But my light towel routine works beautifully.

Respected Contributor

I could never figure out why using the Styling creme on sopping wet hair did nothing and by accident, I discovered using it after I used the towel. Go figure.
Esteemed Contributor

Don't know if this will help - Ive been using wen since December. I too have not very pretty frizzy/wavy hair. I tried the lavender cc and my hair felt dry and was frizzy . I have used it as both cleanses or with a different cc as the second cleanse - same results. I got the tsv in December with five seasonals and my hair is doing much better. The SHP and SOB are fabulous and my hair looks and feels better. I can also let it dry naturally and the waves aren't so bad! Of course, don't know how it will look in the humid SC summer! Good luck -