Occasional Contributor

Foundation and Sunscreen........

I REALLY need some feedback on my battle with this. I HAVE to wear Sunscreen, due to having had Melanoma, and my Dermatologist highly recommended a Physical sunscreen, which this was my choice also, after some research. My problem is, with the Zinc ingredient, my foundation looks AWFUL! I have tried SEVERAL different ones, and the same issue. My Derm said to try the Elta 41 with a tint, he gave me some samples. I have, and there is not enough coverage for me with just this product alone. I rub the sunscreen in really well, wait about 10 mins and apply my make-up, and this is with every product I have tried. The results, my face has tiny small white specks all along my chin, nose, forehead. It settles in my pores. And I have tried a primer, has not helped.

I don't know what to do! I would value any advice you ladies can pass along. This is SO frustrating! Thanks all for letting me vent and I look forward to your reply's. Have a Blessed Day!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Foundation and Sunscreen........

Is there a spray-on sunscreen for the face? I know Neutragena has a body spray s/s that I use. Also I'm wondering if you add your sunscreen into your foundation and then apply, maybe that will work. I do this with my liq foundation and have no issues. and I also use a clarisonic on my skin to get it really clean--sounds like you might have a barrier of dead skin that won't let things rub in and disappear. How about trying a very gentle exfoliator first.

Regular Contributor

Have you tried IT cosmetics CC cream? It has SPF 50.

Honored Contributor

I can't use Zinc, it irritates my skin. My favorite sunscreen for my face is Clarins UV Plus HP with titanium dioxide and no zinc.

Occasional Contributor

On 3/25/2015 wagirl said:

Is there a spray-on sunscreen for the face? I know Neutragena has a body spray s/s that I use. Also I'm wondering if you add your sunscreen into your foundation and then apply, maybe that will work. I do this with my liq foundation and have no issues. and I also use a clarisonic on my skin to get it really clean--sounds like you might have a barrier of dead skin that won't let things rub in and disappear. How about trying a very gentle exfoliator first.

I will give this a try with adding the sunscreen to my foundation. I have a device I got at Wal-Mart, a battery powered face brush that works pretty good. I can't use it everyday, irritates my skin. I am also looking into a new skincare line. Thanks for your advice! Have a good day.

Occasional Contributor

On 3/25/2015 Serena-1130 said:

Have you tried IT cosmetics CC cream? It has SPF 50.

I have tried it. The shades did not work for me. I also tried Tarte, same problem. Thanks for your reply.

Occasional Contributor

On 3/25/2015 ChynnaBlue said:

I can't use Zinc, it irritates my skin. My favorite sunscreen for my fave is Clarins UV Plus HP with titanium dioxide and no zinc.

This is probably the deal with me also. But, my understanding is, Zinc is the major SPF blocker in sunscreen. I just want to use the most efficient sunscreen I can. I just had 2 more Biopsy's and the cells was a high risk for Melanoma. Thank the good LORD, it wasn't! This is why I am so careful in using the best blockage possible. Thank you so much!

Honored Contributor

Oops, meant to edit, not repost.

Regular Contributor

I kind of have the same problem as far as the cheeks go because they are the most sensitive. Have you tried one of those brush-on powder sunscreens? I just bought a brush-on one by Mineral Fusion. It's SPF 30 and is zinc and titanium dioxide. I haven't tried it yet because I'm trying other things now on my face but am eager to try it out! I hope you can find something you like.

Honored Contributor

I use the Josie Maran spf 47 ( untinted one) and use bareminerals foundation with it. No issues.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval