Respected Contributor

SIMPLIFY--2015--MARCH thread--anyone can join in!

Good morning, all!

Here is the start of the monthly thread and welcome to the monthly challenge--Love It, Wear It! Make room in your closet and when you wear something, hang it in this area. At the end of the month, we'll all report on what we wear. I may do this challenge for 3 months because we are still in "winter" here in Colorado and I know some have started transitioning to spring.

I have decided not to hang my 5K gear up because I just finished my competitive season and will only do fun races until next fall. This weekend was a balmy 22 degrees (warmer than last year's 9 degrees at start time) and really, perfect weather for racewalking. I finished first this weekend, beating a woman who beat me all 5 races last year. This year, I finished ahead of her 3 times!

I have the feeling that my clothes will be jeans (because I wear them to work), long sleeved t-shirts and fleece--at least for March.

I'm headed to California on business this week, but to make that fun--we are expecting 3-5 inches of snow tomorrow, so I'll get to shovel my driveway once more. I shoveled every day last week, sometimes twice a day.

I hope you all have a great day!

Respected Contributor

Re: SIMPLIFY--2015--MARCH thread--anyone can join in!

I'll be curious to see how everyone does on their closets. I've gotten mine down enough where all seasons fit in one closet, but I'm still going to whittle it down as I try on things and say thumbs up or down.

DH is painting the kitchen as I write this. I'll be watching the thread carefully this week, as I seem to have bottomed out....no ambition the past few days. Will need your inspiration!!

Honored Contributor

Have a trip coming up, trying hard not to buy new stuff {#emotions_dlg.crying}, bought some new skin care stuff @ Harmon, but used coupons. That was about it for Feb. Trying hard to stay on track

Frequent Contributor

Hi all...looking for some advice. I consider myself to be pretty well organized, but yesterday I saw an area where I need to improve. I was working on my taxes and I could not find my real estate tax bill. It was nowhere to be found Smiley Sad Had it not been for that, I could have completed my taxes. So....I have a very simple method: I have files in my desk labeled Jan-Dec. As I pay a bill, I just put the receipt in the appropriate file. For incoming bills, I have a tray on my desk where I keep them in due-date order. What do you ladies do for organizing/keeping track of unpaid and paid bills?

Thanks!

IITSW

Respected Contributor

I just stack my bills on the edge of a sideboard I have. I only pay bills twice a month-on paydays, plus I have a budget sheet that I check them off once paid. My real estate taxes are paid by my mortgage company, so I don't keep that bill, but if I needed to, I would have a folder for that type of bill. Once utilities are paid, I just shred that bill because I can look at my checking account to see if it was paid.

Trusted Contributor

Hi Ladies ~ On my agenda today was to call my Home Security Co. to try get my monthly charge lowered ~~~ They were fantastic!!!!

I said I was a long time customer (15 years), recently retired and wanted to lower my monthly charge ~ They offered March & April for free along with -$20 per month from what I was paying, I was very pleased.

Good for them ~ Customer Appreciation Rocks! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Remember.......every little bit helps!

Trusted Contributor

I am still decluttering and minimializing my closet and draws. I am taking another garbage bag of clothes to the donation bin today. This time it is filled with exercise clothes that are too small and old. I will still not have to buy anymore! I also have 5 extra small lands' end cotton cardigans that are too small. I am only going to replace them with one navy one in my current size.

I still can't believe how many pounds of clothes i have donated in the last two weeks. It is incredible to me. Also, I can't believe I have donated half the items I own in the last two weeks and my closet if still full. I really was a shopaholic.

Valued Contributor

I donated several boxes of clothes. It was nice to get the space back, but I feel bad about how many new items I donated. It's not like I was getting around to wearing them.

Super Contributor

Ladies! Don't forget to list all your donations on your tax returns.
Honored Contributor

Ideas to get rid of small pieces of furniture?

I could go with Freecycle, but looking for other ideas,

I have some side tables and small armchairs, you know the kind of things that you just don't need/want anymore. Could leave for garbage man, but that is just against my principals