Super Contributor

Has anyone received/tried the new 24 Hour Cream Elite from Dimitri?

I'm still waiting on mine to arrive, but it was mentioned that the reviews seem to be about the makeup TTV. I'm interested in your thoughts. I'm kind of on pins and needles since I find I don't care for the Elite Face Stem Rejen nearly as much as I did the original. Hoping this "improvement" isn't another disappointment.

Thanks!

Respected Contributor

Re: Has anyone received/tried the new 24 Hour Cream Elite from Dimitri?

I didn't order but I am curious too. I love the original for the winter so am disappointed he reformulated. I didn't like the skin Regen elite serum at all. So, I am hesitant in trying anything else that he reformulated. Sometimes, if things work, they should just be left alone.
Esteemed Contributor

I won't be trying the "new" 24 hour cream for a long time. I stocked up a couple months ago, and have enough for about a year.

I have the Elite Stem Rejen, but I never used the old, so I can't compare. I love Stem Rejen, but I've had a couple breakouts when using it.

Super Contributor

aprilskies: I'm really disappointed, too! In fact, I'm really mad at him! Imagine, changing two products that had legions of devoted followers! I'm using the SR Elite because I haven't found anything I like as well, but I'm not seeing something (?) I was seeing with the original. I'm not worried about the BHA in the 24 Hour, but I'm concerned that it just won't be the same otherwise -- I guess I'll see soon enough. :-) You know how you're always looking around at new products thinking "this might be it!"? Well, I felt the Skinn was "it" -- but at least for the SR, not as much any more. :-( I'll report back on the 24 Hour when I give it a try.

taja123:The breakouts MIGHT be caused by the algae -- it causes that in some people. I'm PRETTY happy with the Elite, but there's just something different about it than the original. It's odd that on those two products, he introduced ingredients that have the potential to cause reactions in some. What is he thinking? And when will it end??? :-)

Trusted Contributor

On 3/2/2015 MarenSeattle said:

aprilskies: I'm really disappointed, too! In fact, I'm really mad at him! Imagine, changing two products that had legions of devoted followers! I'm using the SR Elite because I haven't found anything I like as well, but I'm not seeing something (?) I was seeing with the original. I'm not worried about the BHA in the 24 Hour, but I'm concerned that it just won't be the same otherwise -- I guess I'll see soon enough. :-) You know how you're always looking around at new products thinking "this might be it!"? Well, I felt the Skinn was "it" -- but at least for the SR, not as much any more. :-( I'll report back on the 24 Hour when I give it a try.

taja123:The breakouts MIGHT be caused by the algae -- it causes that in some people. I'm PRETTY happy with the Elite, but there's just something different about it than the original. It's odd that on those two products, he introduced ingredients that have the potential to cause reactions in some. What is he thinking? And when will it end??? :-)

He's added dimethicone to the ingredients of the new versions and it was not in the old ones. I sent him an email last week asking about this addition but he has not responded. The old version of Stem Regen Face had brown algae listed as one of the first ingredients so I do not that is what is causing your problems.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Honored Contributor

On 3/2/2015 UMDTerpFan said:
On 3/2/2015 MarenSeattle said:

He's added dimethicone to the ingredients of the new versions and it was not in the old ones. I sent him an email last week asking about this addition but he has not responded. The old version of Stem Regen Face had brown algae listed as one of the first ingredients so I do not that is what is causing your problems.

Sorry for getting sidetracked from the original question about the new 24 hr. Youth Preservation, but I'm wondering something about the Stem Rejens. and while it's been brought up, I'm going to ask it before I forget. More than a few times, I have read from some posters that they prefer the "old version". I came on board with Skinn in December and bought the "elites" so I have no prior experience to compare it to. I will once my Hautelook order arrives. But, I wonder if the "elites" are versions that have been created exclusively for ShopHQ/Evine (and other TV shopping channels he's on) because if you look at the Skinn website, the old versions are still being sold there?

Respected Contributor

On 3/2/2015 JeanLouiseFinch said:

Sorry for getting sidetracked from the original question about the new 24 hr. Youth Preservation, but I'm wondering something about the Stem Rejens. and while it's been brought up, I'm going to ask it before I forget. More than a few times, I have read from some posters that they prefer the "old version". I came on board with Skinn in December and bought the "elites" so I have no prior experience to compare it to. I will once my Hautelook order arrives. But, I wonder if the "elites" are versions that have been created exclusively for ShopHQ/Evine (and other TV shopping channels he's on) because if you look at the Skinn website, the old versions are still being sold there?

Here's my take, for what it's worth, JLF. I believe that Dimitri's feeling pressure to introduce new products at a rate that is not proving out to be particularly successful. Where that pressure's coming from it's hard to say. I believe the originals that you're seeing at Skinn and HauteLook are/were inventory at his warehouses and that they'll soon be disappearing. It's no secret here that I prefer the old. I emailed Skinn asking that he market the originals for those of us who preferred them, and Dimitri replied that he felt that the Elites were better. I, like the OP, am irritated that he would trash a product grouping with such a huge following, but that's what he's done; and for now that's what we'll have. As a side note and observation. I've never seen a Collagenesis TTV NOT sell out in the 24 hour period, and the last one is STILL sitting there for sale. Just sayin'Wink I know for awhile the algae has been seen as the culprit for side effects showing in the Elites, but I'd be placing my bet on dimethicone as an ingredient that has been added high in the ingredient deck...an ingredient that has been known to produce the side effects we're seeing from some users. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?
Contributor

I ordered 2 of the new kits. I too prefered his original 24 hr. cream & Stem Regen over this new one. I find the 24 hr. cream has a slightly yeasty scent (which does go away). It's almost spongy to the touch and just doesn't have that nice creamy texture. It's very disappointing.

I also found that after using the eye serum, the sides of my eyes burn & turn red. I haven't seen any change w/the lip regen and I've been using the kit for over a week.

I'm wondering if I'm having an issue because of the different amount & type of algae he now has in his items. I never had that w/his original version. Also notice that I have several raised red spots on my skin that I've never had before, and they won't go away. I'm in my 60's and have never had any issues with break-outs for years and years. I just don't care for it like I did the original products, and may have to return them if I continue to have issues.

Thank you for posting this. I too am interested in hearing other's reviews.

MidnightShadow

Honored Contributor

I am sure you can find lots of the the originals listed on ebay.

Super Contributor

On 3/2/2015 Midnight Shadow said:

I ordered 2 of the new kits. I too prefered his original 24 hr. cream & Stem Regen over this new one. I find the 24 hr. cream has a slightly yeasty scent (which does go away). It's almost spongy to the touch and just doesn't have that nice creamy texture. It's very disappointing.

I also found that after using the eye serum, the sides of my eyes burn & turn red. I haven't seen any change w/the lip regen and I've been using the kit for over a week.

I'm wondering if I'm having an issue because of the different amount & type of algae he now has in his items. I never had that w/his original version. Also notice that I have several raised red spots on my skin that I've never had before, and they won't go away. I'm in my 60's and have never had any issues with break-outs for years and years. I just don't care for it like I did the original products, and may have to return them if I continue to have issues.

Thank you for posting this. I too am interested in hearing other's reviews.

MidnightShadow

That's disappointing. I can't use the Elite serums. I wonder if it's the snow algae. I have no problem using cones so I know that's not a problem for me. A few others have got the red bumps too. It's really disappointing. It sounds like he's totally messed up the Collagenisis cream too which is a real shame. Dimitri is going to end up loosing customers if he keeps changing the formulas. Maybe others will like the new cream.