Super Contributor

IT Naturally Pretty Celebration Matte Palette

I received this palette within the last week or so, having purchased it for a steal when the IT website had their amazing sale. (This is the second palette, with the silver packaging.) Although I am a fan of other IT products, I have to say that I am unimpressed with these eye shadows. Anyone else?

To start, there is consistent fallout when applying, even though I am using good Bobbi Brown eye shadow brushes. Not only is this irritating, but I resent wasting the product when it crumbles. I would somewhat expect fallout from a drugstore brand, but not a prestige brand that regularly retails for $42.

And although I know this palette is meant to achieve a more neutral look, I find the majority of the colors to be boring and believe that many of them look entirely too similar. Most palettes have a few "clunkers", but I'm fairly underwhelmed by this palette in totality.

If it weren't so inexpensive (with the sale price and all), I would certainly consider returning this purchase. What has been everyone else's experience? Can anyone offer some exciting color combinations to achieve more of a wow look?

Trusted Contributor

Re: IT Naturally Pretty Celebration Matte Palette

I completely agree with everything you said. The shadows have very little pigment and look way too much alike. I think I've used it twice since I bought it in December. I wish I had returned it.

Super Contributor

On 3/1/2015 vaccinia said:

I completely agree with everything you said. The shadows have very little pigment and look way too much alike. I think I've used it twice since I bought it in December. I wish I had returned it.

Glad to know it's not just my experience. By chance, do you have the first palette (Naturally Pretty) in the pink suede packaging? I am actually much more interested in those colors, but the Celebration was the only palette offered with the amazing sale price and coupon code.

Trusted Contributor

No, sorry, I don't have the first one. I certainly won't be purchasing any more IT shadows.

Super Contributor

I have the first pallette and love it! Check out EmilyNoel83's review. She just did one comparing the two and prefers the first!
Super Contributor

On 3/1/2015 dc2004 said: I have the first pallette and love it! Check out EmilyNoel83's review. She just did one comparing the two and prefers the first!

Thanks, I'll take a look.

Valued Contributor

I almost got this and am glad i didn't..I read a few reviews online and decided not to.As dc2004 said some like the first one but not this one.To bad you cant count on a co being consistent with there shadows.

Super Contributor

On 3/1/2015 MidNight said:

I almost got this and am glad i didn't..I read a few reviews online and decided not to.As dc2004 said some like the first one but not this one.To bad you cant count on a co being consistent with there shadows.

And that's probably why this palette was offered on sale, while the first one wasn't. Yes, be thankful that you didn't waste your money, MidNight. (Although I'm still willing to try the first palette if it's ever on sale.)

Contributor

I agree. I really like the first pallete, the quality was much better. The silver packaged one was a disappointment. I wonder what happened?
~there is never an excuse to be unkind~
Valued Contributor

I would send it back if you cant use it..At least you get some money back.