Frequent Contributor

Is IT Celebration Foundation much different than Laura Gellar Balance & Brighten?

I've been using LG Balance & Brighten for a while now but wondered if IT Celebration might be better for me now that my skin is getting drier due to being into my 40's . I also need some decent melasma coverage and LG isn't quite cutting it lately. There's a pretty good IT sale today.
Frequent Contributor

Re: Is IT Celebration Foundation much different than Laura Gellar Balance & Brighten?

Aww, I was hoping for some advice! Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

Re: Is IT Celebration Foundation much different than Laura Gellar Balance & Brighten?

I thought I would like Celebration. I tried it at Ulta, and it looked very cakey and dry on me. Plus, the color was off.

I use B & B and I get much better results.

Is it possible to actually go to a cosmetics counter or store and try several and see what works better for you?

Super Contributor

Hi kittymama - I actually prefer LG's B&B - the powder seems 'softer' to me and more blendable. The IT powder foundation didn't go on as easily or as smoothly to me. Not sure if everyone will agree but that's how I found it. If you're not getting the coverage from B&B try using a flat headed brush as it gives more of an even application.

Regular Contributor

I use the light in IT Illumination Celebration foundation and fair in Balance and Brighten. I find the IT does make drier parts of my face drier and does settle a bit in lines. It does give a nice glow to the face. I could use it better in the summer than winter because my face isn't as dry. I do prefer the Balance and Brighten. I do wish the color matched my skin better. i have to mix it with a lighter color but I find the finish better looking. The Porcelain is too light for me but mixing the two works for me. It's not as drying as the IT. It's too powdery and not as soft and blendable as BNB.

“Memory is a way of holding on to the things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose.”
Respected Contributor

I think IT foundation has MORE coverage than LG Balance n Brighten. I have both, and if I want a sheerer look, I use LG. Both are good--but I had to go darker in the IT foundation. If you want coverage and are willing to use a primer layer (bb cream, cc cream or a good moisturizer) IT is great. If you want a sheer look and less dry, LG.

Valued Contributor

I have both and prefer lg b&B. It celebration (medium) seemed too yellow on me, and just looked more like makeup on my skin. Lg B&B just looks like my skin but better. Lg does seem powdery at first, but melds with my skin about 10 minutes later. When I have a blemish, I stipple a bit more over the spot and that takes care of it. Regardless of which one you use, use a moisturizer and a primer before the powder. I also use lg's makeup setting spray to help with longevity.
Valued Contributor

Forgot to ad that I've been using the real techniques stipple brush to apply the primer and powder, and it's been working great.
Contributor

I've used both and preferred LG's. IT was too cakey and shiny.

Regular Contributor

I have both. IT offers more coverage for me. Application is different too. LG BB can be applied with either a sponge or brush....but, I find that the IT foundation is brush only, a sponge just doesn't apply it evenly.