Super Contributor

50+ ladies- Will you rock a RED holiday lip this season?

Kiss{#emotions_dlg.w00t} Stepping outside my comfort zone, I bought a new red lipstick (Bobbi Brown Sultry Red) so I am ready for the holidays. Will you be sporting a red lip for the holidays? What color have you chosen? A new shade or a tried and true favorite?

Super Contributor

Re: 50+ ladies- Will you rock a RED holiday lip this season?

Not for me. I'm a widow, so I don't do things like red lips, etc.

Most men I've known/dated when I did have a social life hated bright lipstick, anyway, so I stuck to pink or coral glosses.

Honored Contributor

I generally prefer a nude lip but recently have been converted to Lipstick Queen's sheer red called medieval.

Honored Contributor

Possibly, as I purchased a brown/red lipstick and not sure how that will look but it can't be bad at least I hope not. It's from Laura Mercier's sheer collection called Tender Lips. I have so many lipsticks I need to stop buying any. I also tried a crayon looking lipstick by Burt's Bees and did that surprise me as it was very moisturizing.

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

Yes, ma'am! I LOVE red lips anytime, but especially the holiday season. But it is important to wear the RIGHT shade of red and the RIGHT intensity of red. The under 25 set can get away with a vivid red. But for the rest of us a mid-tone to a more muted, sheer tone conveys a beautiful, modern and sophisticated look. Nothing conveys that more than a red lip. {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

Honored Contributor

never

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

No, I don't care for red lipsticks and I prefer to use a dusty rose or berry shade of lipstick.

Super Contributor

The older I've gotten the more "natural" I've gone with my makeup. UNTIL, my niece handed me an intense lip shade and I just LOVED it against my pale skin and white hair.

So now I'm going for the color. I'd love to find a really pretty, blue-ish red, nothing too harsh or hip. :-) So looking for suggestions. :-)

I honestly think the more intense shades make me look younger, but not sure I'll be 'rocking' it. :-)

Valued Contributor

On 12/19/2014 MarenSeattle said:

The older I've gotten the more "natural" I've gone with my makeup. UNTIL, my niece handed me an intense lip shade and I just LOVED it against my pale skin and white hair.

So now I'm going for the color. I'd love to find a really pretty, blue-ish red, nothing too harsh or hip. :-) So looking for suggestions. :-)

I honestly think the more intense shades make me look younger, but not sure I'll be 'rocking' it. :-)

Got one for you! Try Clinique lipstick in "Angel Red". It is a blue-based red in a sheer finish that really is beautiful for our age. I wear this color quite a bit in the colder months. This is an exception for my warm skin tone and because of the sheer finish, I can get away with it. If it was matte cream, it would be a disaster and would clash on me.

Super Contributor

I wear red all year long so have plenty to choose from.

Chanel Pirate goes very well with my skin/hair/tooth colors and is my newest red. I also love MAC Viva Glam Rihanna. Another new one for my collection is Bobbie Brown Old Hollywood but I like Chanel Pirate better on me.

Finding the right red is worth the hunt!

Beauty blogger and YTer who loves it all! Cheers, Lulu Bea aka Lulu On Beauty - Let's be FACEBOOK beauty friends!