Trusted Contributor

I happen to be on my email when I received a offer from Ulta for stocking stuffers. Ordered immediately and got a confirmation of my order. My order was in processing for over a week when I contacted them to see what was up. I was told they were so busy with the holiday they were behind but it would ship in a few days, no mention of any problem with the order so I could have canceled and gone elsewhere for stocking stuffers. Ten days later it is finally shipping but guess what half of what you ordered is out of stock and so you are only being sent a couple things, and being as it has shipped you can't cancel. Obviously my order got lost in the shuffle and when they finally got to it most of the stuffers were gone. This is a cosmetic company how about looking for replacements for what was sold out due to your incompetence and sending it out a faster method instead of ground?? I doubt what they have sent will even arrive by Christmas for the stockings. I should have been given the option of canceling when they realize they had goofed and certainly just for the sake of good customer relations, I should have heard from them as to what happened. No more. I won't order from them ever again. Has to be the worst company I have ever dealt with. Would not recommend this company's online business to anyone.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't recall them ever doing a holiday push to the extent of this year's- so I chalk it up to lack of experience. And sending replacements would have aggravated customers further imo! They should give you the option to cancel the rest of an order if only a part has been shipped, I agree.

I only bought from them this holiday season since they were actually discounting prestige items with their offers- I'm waiting for more DevaCurl items to be delivered. But it's no rush since they're presents for me!

Respected Contributor

My recent order took 8 days to ship. I did receive an email stating that there was such a high demand for orders and they were doing everything possible to speed the delivery. I did receive everything that I ordered. I guess they were under staffed.

Honored Contributor

Next year consider Burt's Bees for stocking stuffers. Look under Outlet as they have $2 almond hand crème, other items for $1, $2 & $3. Foot creams, moisturizers, shampoos, lipsticks. Check it out. Sorry that happened to you as you waited so long and they never informed you. You can also consider Aveda if you have a store near to you. They sell travel sizes in a bunch of products. I hope the New Year brings you much happiness and orders shipped in time! ha!

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

i paid for 2 day shipping with ulta since my orders take nearly 2 weeks to arrive here in california.

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Honored Contributor

The only problem I ever had with them was an order screw up several years ago. I received a late damaged order and it took forever to get the problem resolved.

Respected Contributor

We just recently got an Ulta in my area, I was so excited to go check them out. I was pleased with all of the different brands they carry, kind of a one place beauty store. When I started getting coupons in the paper I thought WOW $10.00 off what a deal. I tried to use the coupon and found out that most everything in the store is excluded except for the things I can find in Walmart. What a rip off!

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor
On 12/19/2014 golfcartrider said:

We just recently got an Ulta in my area, I was so excited to go check them out. I was pleased with all of the different brands they carry, kind of a one place beauty store. When I started getting coupons in the paper I thought WOW $10.00 off what a deal. I tried to use the coupon and found out that most everything in the store is excluded except for the things I can find in Walmart. What a rip off!

Too funny. That happened to me too. I guess there is a knack to using the coupons. I ordered a couple stocking stuffer type items and they came relatively quick. They definitely should give the option to cancel. They probably don't because a lot of people would cancel.
Regular Contributor

i tried to give my coupon the other day and it was rejected. The cashier said it was good for only ""this side of the store."" I like the other side of the store. LOL

Respected Contributor
On 12/20/2014 travelin grandma said:

i tried to give my coupon the other day and it was rejected. The cashier said it was good for only "this side of the store." I like the other side of the store. LOL

I agree with all of you about Ulta coupons. It doesn't work on many of the items that you want to buy such as some of the prestige products that they sell. I can't recall the last time that I was able to use a coupon but it doesn't happen very often. Although, they do often have great kits that are already a good value and cheaper than buying at Sephora or QVC.