Valued Contributor

So, a little more than a year ago, 5 friends and I decided to buy Wen and test it. We all have different hair types—fine, thick, curly, wavy, ethnic, straight—so we were curious how the product would do for each of us. Long story short, in the end, Wen failed to make any of us happy.

Fast forward to now. The same group of us decided to test Tweak-d. All of us really liked it right from the first application for the following reasons:

- Leaves hair soft without frizz. All of our different hair types had the same reaction to the product. (I have fine, straight hair and Tweak-d gives my hair volume and remains soft and shiny all day.)

- Although there is a scent, it is very subtle and disappears right after hair dries. (Since I despise initial and lasting strong scents in hair products, this makes me very happy.)

- No requirement for tons of rinsing/wasting of precious water. Rinses out as quickly as normal shampoo or conditioner.

- No sulfates so it’s good for those who color. (Most sulfate-free shampoos leave my hair like straw, but Tweak-d does not. Yay.)

- No learning curve. The only interesting twist is that you apply the mousse-like foam onto dry hair for 5 to 10 minutes before rinsing. Kinda fun!

- No extra leave-in products necessary. One can air dry or blow dry, flat iron and style as one wishes and the result is still the same – incredibly soft hair with volume and no frizz.

So, is it a miracle product? No. We think it’s just a really good shampoo. In our test group, three of us (me included) have healthy, easy-to-manage hair every day by using regular shampoo/conditioner, but we think that Tweak-d is a really nice product to use from time to time, especially during cold winter months when our hair may need more moisture. Two in our test group, with the driest/thickest/most processed and overall hardest-to-manage hair were the happiest with the product. They saw huge differences on the days they used Tweak-d.

So in sum, I think the biggest fans of this product will be similar to the fans of Wen. These specialty hair products seems to make the most difference for those who have the most problematic hair. My two cents and nothing more.

Honored Contributor

Re: Review of Tweak-d shampoo

Thanks for sharing your experiment.

I love Tweak-D but I love the WEN summer honey peach even better. When I run out of summer honey peach, I will probably use this. I do not really have "problematic" hair but it is on the drier side and I love the nourishing Tweak-D (I've never tried the volume one since I don't need volume and dont' like the ingredients as well) . I also love the scent.

ETA: I do have to disagree about the scent disappearing. I think it actually lingers on the hair afterwards. I can smell it on my hair all day long. Even hubby said he can smell it, which WEN generally never leaves scent. He loves that he can smell the Tweak-d on my hair long after I've washed. That is one thing he misses about me using WEN.

Respected Contributor

Thank you for the review. I have wanted to try this product and next time I see him on air with a deal I will. Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

On 12/19/2014 HappyDaze said:

ETA: I do have to disagree about the scent disappearing. I think it actually lingers on the hair afterwards. I can smell it on my hair all day long. Even hubby said he can smell it, which WEN generally never leaves scent. He loves that he can smell the Tweak-d on my hair long after I've washed. That is one thing he misses about me using WEN.

HappyDaze, that is fascinating! It must be an individual body/hair chemistry thing because the Wen scents (my test pals and I tried several) were so overpowering to my nose, and my hair smelled of them for hours afterwards. To my nose, all wen scents smelled like heavy perfumes mixed with a medicinal (menthol) veil. And yet, with Tweak-d, I find the scent barely there when I shampoo and I certainly don't smell it on my hair afterwards. (I actually used it this morning and am sniffing my hair right now. Nothing!) My friends who tested also had the same reaction I did re: the disappearing scent. So interesting! Smile So glad each of us has found what works!

Valued Contributor

I was hoping someone would write a review on Tweak-d. I used it for the first time yesterday. Today, my hair is really soft and bouncy. There is no smell. It got wet in the rain today and didn't frizz at all. It is interesting the results that you and your friends got, AspenGrove. Thanks for posting.
Respected Contributor

I am very happy with Tweak's as a nice alternative to Wen. It did actually last longer than I was expecting since I don't use it everytime that I shampoo.

Super Contributor

op what formula did you use? and you did not need conditioner?? thank you

Frequent Contributor

Awesome review!! Thanks. I missed the free shipping they had on this product a few weeks back. I will wait for some kind of special and try it.

Valued Contributor

On 12/19/2014 jewelsluvsbeauty said:

op what formula did you use? and you did not need conditioner?? thank you

jewels, our test "team" actually tried both so we could compare. For my hair, both had the exact same nice effect, although I think that the "Ultra Nourishing" one gave my hair a bit more volume. But both formulas have made my hair shiny, wonderfully soft, etc. as I described in my review. And, no ... no conditioner needed. This product is supposed to be an all-in-one shampoo—condition and all of us testing it found that it does indeed work as advertised!

Super Contributor

thank you!