Super Contributor

Need advice about a neck rash!!

Hi ladies, I need some advice. I have a rash on my neck and I think the culprit was C Cleanser by SSC. Although I don't know why because I can use the C products. I started the all natural route using RHO, TTO, Coconut Oil, Neem Oil etc... That wasn't working so I moved to drugstore products. I was using Domeboro solution (for rashes) and cortisone cream with a dash of Neosporin. I've even washed with oatmeal soap. That is still not working very well. Last night I tried Gold Bond Healing Cream. I still am dark pink and itchy. The skin is very dry in the rash area. Help!!! Anything you have done to help a rash??? A doctor visit is not a solution because my car is not working and a doctor bill is not in the budget since the car needs to be fixed. TIA.

Honored Contributor

Re: Need advice about a neck rash!!

My suggestion is to stop mixing so many different topical remedies, and see what oral Benadryl does for you. I actually think there is a chemical reaction going on with the dark pink color and itchiness.
Contributor

I recently developed eczema on my neck ?? and I have not had eczema since my teen years. I'm 46 so don't really know what's going on, but I too was trying all kinds of stuff. From different types of neck creams to Argan milk and oil. My neck kept itching and rash was getting darker. Went out on a limb and tried Maracuja oil by Tarte a couple of weeks ago and WOW. My neck is not the same my lines are even disappearing.
Honored Contributor

Have you tried any new perfumes lately, some of them give me a terrible rash in my neck,try the oral and cream Benadryl.

Trusted Contributor

Cortisone 10 has always worked for me. I use the intensive healing cream.

Honored Contributor

Well if I remember correctly you've been trying tons of new stuff from ASDM, natural stuff and now drugstore all in just the past few months so maybe your skin is just reacting to all the different stuff? Maybe just go back to basics, let your skin calm down and stop piling on various different things right now, and then start a basic, gentle skincare program slowly. If it persists, you really need to just bite the bullet and see a doctor. I think people don't realize how messed up we can make our skin if we use too many things or switch around alot or use ingredients that may be too harsh. If you've used intensive chemical peels/masks or scrubs, they can affect the barrier that protects our skin and leaves it vulnerable to reactions, infections, fungus, etc. Pamper your skin and go back to basics.

Respected Contributor

I have chronic rashes. Even presciption creams don't help. I don't know how long you have this rash, but sometimes it can be a medical problem, so keep an eye on that.

I've tried numerous topicals, soaps, change in detergent, etc. etc. No help!

As of now, I'm using A and D ointment (yep, diaper rash cream). I apply that and then pat Ammens Medicated powder on top. Gives me some relief. On nights when the itching keeps me awake, I take an Alegra. One derm suggested a spritz of water with a little white vinegar in it. This helps the PH on your skin. Hope you find something that helps...but try the A and D ointmentSmile

Occasional Contributor

Stop all topical products until the rash has resolved. Take a low dose Benadryl. Use Aquaphor ointment to help relieve dryness.
Esteemed Contributor

I have very sensitive skin and will all the topicals fail, benadryl can break the cycle!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

On 12/18/2014 Dazlin said:

I have chronic rashes. Even presciption creams don't help. I don't know how long you have this rash, but sometimes it can be a medical problem, so keep an eye on that.

I've tried numerous topicals, soaps, change in detergent, etc. etc. No help!

As of now, I'm using A and D ointment (yep, diaper rash cream). I apply that and then pat Ammens Medicated powder on top. Gives me some relief. On nights when the itching keeps me awake, I take an Alegra. One derm suggested a spritz of water with a little white vinegar in it. This helps the PH on your skin. Hope you find something that helps...but try the A and D ointmentSmile

Love that A&D..

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West