Honored Contributor

SKINN Order - Missing Kit and Stinky Customer Service

So, the doorbell rang about thirty minutes ago and it was my box of SKINN items. I opened the box and was disappointed to find one of the kits I ordered missing. The missing kit was listed on my packing slip, but didn't make it into the box. There were no holes in the box where something could have fallen out nor was the box opened at all, it was completely sealed. It was obviously packer error. So I immediately called ShopHQ, gave the CSR all my info and she says the item was delivered thirty minutes ago. I told her no, it wasn't. All of the items I ordered last weekend were listed on the packing slip, but including that one kit. Even though listed, wasn't in there. I told the CSR I didn't want to be charged for something I didn't receive so please just reverse the charge and refund my credit card for what I've paid. She got a little attitude and said they would have to do an investigation which could take several days. Unless I've got a mental block of some kind, I don't know what any investigation will do other than say the item was delivered to me, which it wasn't. It's their word against mine. It could take a few days for this investigation to be completed and then move into a claim status. It sure seems like a lot of rigmarole. I have no reason to be dishonest.

Honored Contributor

Re: SKINN Order - Missing Kit and Stinky Customer Service

How utterly frustrating, JLF. I know exactly how you feel. Most companies would take you at your word in the name of good and wise customer service.

Call and ask to speak to a supervisor.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

Sometimes my stuff comes in 2 different boxes with the packing slip in just one box so maybe you will get another box in a day or 2.

Trusted Contributor

my experience with Shop has been excellent. I only order Skinn items. Once I ordered a TTV that had jumbo sizes of the am/pm cleansers and the packer put in 2 am cleansers but no pm. I called and CS sent me out another PM cleanser immediately no charge and said to keep the extra am cleanser.

Another time I got the 24 hour youth cream and I called CS and said that there seemed to be a big ""vacuum"" in the center of the jar so it couldn't be 2 full ounces. She sent me out a 4 oz jar immediately free of charge.

So my 2 instances have been excellent. The Midnight Elixir I got last time is just excellent. I wish I had ordered more of that kit since it was outstanding.

I also heard Dimitri say they did no animal testing so that's an additional plus for me.

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.
Honored Contributor

JLF-I know you are new to Skinn-1st order? Ugghh! Something similar happened to me with a Skinn order several months ago. I ordered 2 of the same item-a OnceOnly that eventually sold out. The package that I received only included one of the 2 items. Called CS & was told the warehouse operations would be notified & an investigation would be initiated. I asked how could they verify the error; was told it would be confirmed by weight. They could not send a replacement b/c the item was sold out. It did take a couple of days, but then my order was adjusted to show a "return"of one of the items and a credit for the 1st payment of the 2nd item was issued to my value pay balance due of the 1st item. A bit awkward of a resolution-stating a "return"& applying the credit to a future payment instead of my credit card, but it was only a 7 dollar amount so I was ok with the final resolution. I think you should call CS again & speak to a supervisor to confirm the resolution for your situation. Sorry that this happened- hope it doesn't negatively impact your experience with the Skinn products. Please keep us posted!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

Thanks everyone. MidNight, I hope you're right or at least that the whole matter can be resolved quickly. Yes, Chi-town girl, my first Skinn order, and only my third overall from ShopHQ. Still, I have plenty of Skinn to get started on! Wink

Respected Contributor

I'm sorry this happened JeanLouise, but like the others said, dont lose faith in them, they really are a good co. to do business with, they will make it right. I am glad you have some other new goodies to explore in the meantime. Smile

Respected Contributor

Well, darnitall, JeanLouise! From my own experiences with the company I'm sure it will all be ironed out quickly for you. As Seagal says, they are a good, reputable, group to deal with. In the meantime, if you have the time, what a great opportunity to soothe those ruffles with a nice peel...some Age Reverse Serum...You know the lineup!{#emotions_dlg.tt1} Please enjoy all your goodies and let us know how you feel about them when you have a chance.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?
Super Contributor

JeanLouise, that's too bad! I hope the call was recorded and will be "used for training purposes," as they say. It would be a great example of how NOT to treat a customer, particularly a first-time customer!

I somehow have always thought that companies wrote off a percentage of profit to "warehouse error" and whatever. The goodwill of an honest customer who could come back and shop again has to mean something to them...as opposed to the amount they'd be writing off on the offchance the customer was lying. .

Sounds like their system must have been in overdrive with the huge sales last weekend and their own effort (which I appreciate) of getting the stuff to us in record time. But they then need to acknowledge that more errors could be happening on their end, and be doubly sure their staff learns to handle complaints carefully and courteously.

They could have a simple policy of first apologizing, then saying they wanted to work with you, then calmly explaining the policy. What could be they possibly gain by not giving the customer even a decent hearing. I forget which company does this...maybe the other shopping channels or a clothing catalog I order from. Whenever I return something, the first thing they say is something like, "we're sorry our items weren't to your expectation." What a difference from how they handled your situation!

I'm glad to know it's not a common pattern with SKINN. I've placed two orders to date with shopHQ, both SKINN, and haven't encountered problems so far. I hope they redeem themselves with you soon!

Super Contributor

On 12/17/2014 gokat said:

Well, darnitall, JeanLouise! From my own experiences with the company I'm sure it will all be ironed out quickly for you. As Seagal says, they are a good, reputable, group to deal with. In the meantime, if you have the time, what a great opportunity to soothe those ruffles with a nice peel...some Age Reverse Serum...You know the lineup!{#emotions_dlg.tt1} Please enjoy all your goodies and let us know how you feel about them when you have a chance.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} I'm glad to know this isn't typical for them. That CSR person needs a talking to from his/her supervisor.

Hope you got your items today, gokat and everyone who was waiting!!!