Respected Contributor

O/T so tired of the TSV being only $5 less than the QVC price

I fall for it every time only to see yesterday's Sketchers TSV for only $5 more today. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I think I'm done with TSV's unless I knowmfor sure they will be at least $10 or more cheaper.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: O/T so tired of the TSV being only $5 less than the QVC price

years ago there was a decent price difference....but for the longest time now its been mere pennies...not worth waiting till midnight to purchase...

tsv's use to sell out at midnight...and now most times they are available all the next day till its almost time for the next tsv...

Super Contributor

Agreed. I now use either Vendors websites directly for most or amazon.com or drugstore.com

Much less expensive. QVC on occasion still really thinks the ""patron"" is stupid.

Respected Contributor

I only purchase Wen from QVC and since you don't really have a lot of sites or stores to purchase Wen, I usually always buy the TSV for Wen. I am sure that QVC has a certain number of loyal shoppers but most who purchase online are going to compare prices.

Honored Contributor

OP and others, its always been like this, nothing new. But I sure am not happy when I find I have missed getting that "lousy" 5.00 because I was out of town and away from a computer. If you shop at Sephora and Ulta for the same lines, you will not find the same TSV deals. QVC is still tops at that.

Trusted Contributor

There's very little price reduction because most habitual QVC shoppers are not very price conscious! Prices don't matter much, and they rarely bother to shop around. They shop here because they enjoy the medium, buy into the hype, because they're used to it, because they like certain brands and products -- not because the prices are competitive. That's why QVC rarely offers real sales or clearance prices.......and why they get away with the astronomical shipping and handling fees. Most of their regular customers don't care.

Respected Contributor

There's nothing new about that. Anyone who has ever shopped with QVC knows full well that the price reductions on TSV's are low. The same with their sale and clearance items, they aren't reduced by much. And QVC doesn't hide that, we all knew what the regular price would be. If you get all wrapped up in the moment and decide to buy and then experience buyer's regret. Well...that's on you, not QVC. Take a breath and think before you buy.

Honored Contributor

On 12/17/2014 GoodStuff said:

There's very little price reduction because most habitual QVC shoppers are not very price conscious! Prices don't matter much, and they rarely bother to shop around. They shop here because they enjoy the medium, buy into the hype, because they're used to it, because they like certain brands and products -- not because the prices are competitive. That's why QVC rarely offers real sales or clearance prices.......and why they get away with the astronomical shipping and handling fees. Most of their regular customers don't care.

although you and I don't often agree on much, I completely agree with you on these points.

There is no incentive for QVC to do anything different in terms of pricing, coupons, sales, etc when what they currently are doing is working for THEM. The only thing I've noticed them do is increase how often they offer easy pay which truly is no real benefit to anyone but them because it gets customers to spend more money, money they really don't have at the time. Brilliant marketing scheme on QVC's part.

Honored Contributor

Every once in awhile they come up with something worthwhile, but most often it's not a big difference from the regular price. For sure, every little bit counts, but they could do better.

Respected Contributor

On 12/17/2014 GoodStuff said:

Well said. I've said it before but not nearly as well. I must say that the only thing I would correct is the idea that we are not "price conscious". We are but we aren't living on fixed incomes, we aren't struggling to pay our bills; we live well. So, the fact that a certain item can be purchased elsewhere for $3 or $8 or $15 less does not outweigh all the advantages of shopping with QVC. We gladly pay a little more and s&h charges for the convenience of home delivery and for access to the products we want and need.