Super Contributor

Do YOU believe these before and afters? On a website selling a wrinkle product.

Super Contributor

Re: Do YOU believe these before and afters? On a website selling a wrinkle product.

I personally think is is a sham.... and really doubt these people approved their picture being used.... it looks like photoshopping big time.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do YOU believe these before and afters? On a website selling a wrinkle product.

A lot depends on the lighting, etc., although the Ellen pic is definitely photoshopped.....anyway, it's probably illegal to use their photos on a website unless they are being compensated.

Respected Contributor

Hmmm, idk about a wrinkle serum. I look a whole prettier with a shower, blow dry, and a little makeup. First thing in the morning right outta bed could be a scary before for me, esp without mascara!
Super Contributor

I have seen Ellen closeup on HD TV and she does look more like the before with all the wrinkles.... I still think she is cute, but, she does have a lot of skin issues.

Super Contributor

Of course I DONT believe it! The pictures are photo shopped to disillusion people. Also, they use filters on TV to make everyone look good.

Super Contributor

no way do I believe it, no way

Honored Contributor

Yes, I do. I think the before photos were taken when the women were without makeup and the lighting was particularly bad and they weren't aware they were being photographed. The afters, of course, are professional pictures taken after a team of makeup pros worked on them and even then, the pictures were enhanced.

Esteemed Contributor

Good lighting, makeup and photoshopping to make one look great.

Bad lighting, no makeup and photoshopping to make one look even worse.

No, I never believe those ads. I might look at them {#emotions_dlg.devil2}, but I don't necessarily believe them.

Honored Contributor

On 11/17/2014 AnnaBella said:

I personally think is is a sham.... and really doubt these people approved their picture being used.... it looks like photoshopping big time.

This, absolutely. No legitimate company is going to use those photos as their before and after images. There's more than photoshop involved, there's makeup, different circumstances, different lighting, and so many other things.

No legitimate company is going to use an unauthorized image of a celebrity as an endorsement and no legitimate company is going to use a tabloid image of a makeup-free out getting coffee as a before and a promotional image or picture from a red carpet as the after. Total scam.