Super Contributor

Anyone found a good dupe for the ybf eyebrow pencil? That shade..

Hi everyone,

I've been using the ybf brow pencil for awhile based on raves here. The color is a perfect match for me and I like the way it lasts. The only problem is that the pencils I've gotten from them lately have been very dry in consistency where the tip breaks off easily. I want to try something else - has anyone who has used this pencil found a good dupe? Would love it if it's an easily available drugstore version! Thanks.{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone found a good dupe for the ybf eyebrow pencil? That shade..

Sorry what is ybf? I like Lancome's Powder Pencil.

Respected Contributor

IT brand. They sell them in two sizes at qvc...the standard size that we're all used to and the skinny pencils which I prefer although they need to be replaced sooner. The skinnier pencils are more precise, imo. a231691 and a212333.

Honored Contributor

Frannie... "Your Best Friend" southern channel. The sales lady wears huge rollers.

This brow pencil is just OK for me... the color is not completely right, but it will work. Same here... dry consistency and I'm not very happy about this.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

Frannie....YBF stands for Your Best Friend formerly Models Prefer and is sold by Stacy at HSN.

Respected Contributor

On 11/16/2014 lovestoteach said:

Frannie... "Your Best Friend" southern channel. The sales lady wears huge rollers.

This brow pencil is just OK for me... the color is not completely right, but it will work. Same here... dry consistency and I'm not very happy about this.

I use a light moisturizer first before using YBF and the comparable IT Cosmetics Brow Pencil.

Valued Contributor

It's not a cheaper version, but a pricier one--Dior makes an eyebrow pencil that I think is very similar to the YBF one. Similar texture and color.

Respected Contributor

On 11/16/2014 glmama said:

It's not a cheaper version, but a pricier one--Dior makes an eyebrow pencil that I think is very similar to the YBF one. Similar texture and color.

I was going to suggest this one also. It's 29 bucks.

Super Contributor

Thanks everyone!

Valued Contributor

On 11/16/2014 maestra said:
On 11/16/2014 glmama said:

I was going to suggest this one also. It's 29 bucks.

For some reason, I found the Dior one prior to the YBF one. Bought on a whim. While I really liked it, I think the YBF is very comparable.