Super Contributor

Sandra's description of Chaz' first salon - amazing!

Sandra & Chaz were talking about his first salon he opened. She said it was a brave thing and proof of his total commitment to WEN because he had a new salon without having known hair care products to sell. He was totally dependent on the success of WEN. and he just had SAM then. A true entrepreneur.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Sandra's description of Chaz' first salon - amazing!

I wonder if he does anything for Locks of Love. With all those models who have such great hair that would be some contribution!

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Trusted Contributor

I think that people should be able to keep their long hair without being pressured into cutting it to send it to a charity. And, please spare me any lecture about it being a Charitable Enterprise. I had a friend whose daughter ended up in therapy because she pressured her child to donate her long locks to "Locks of Love" The child did not want to do this and she felt pressured by her Mother. She had a terrible time adjusting and she needed to see a therapist for quite some time to deal with both aspects: 1-pressure to do something she did not want to do, 2 the change in her body image . The therapist, according to my "former" friend had very pointed things to say to the Mother. So while you may think you are doing something wonderful, please donate yourself and stop the preaching to what others should or should not do. And, if I seem harsh, I do apologize, you may be a very nice person. Sometimes people just do not see ramifications of such a radical change.

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/27/2014 Deanie said:

I think that people should be able to keep their long hair without being pressured into cutting it to send it to a charity. And, please spare me any lecture about it being a Charitable Enterprise. I had a friend whose daughter ended up in therapy because she pressured her child to donate her long locks to "Locks of Love" The child did not want to do this and she felt pressured by her Mother. She had a terrible time adjusting and she needed to see a therapist for quite some time to deal with both aspects: 1-pressure to do something she did not want to do, 2 the change in her body image . The therapist, according to my "former" friend had very pointed things to say to the Mother. So while you may think you are doing something wonderful, please donate yourself and stop the preaching to what others should or should not do. And, if I seem harsh, I do apologize, you may be a very nice person. Sometimes people just do not see ramifications of such a radical change.

No I get what you are saying and I agree about pressuring anyone. I haven't donated any hair either. I was just thinking out loud that it would be nice.

Esteemed Contributor

All the pictures I have ever seen of his first salon were so inviting , it drew you in, my type of place. I respect him for what he has created. The new salon is beautiful but I would have loved to have gone to the old one. They always say do what you love and you will never work a day in your life and that's exactly what Chaz did. Bless him.
Trusted Contributor

Thanks for understanding Nancy. Bad experience that.

Super Contributor

I'm sorry I wrote such a bad title - to get just an argument about Locks of Love meant I didn't start right.

I think it's an amazing thing Chaz has done. If you think about the timeline - he has had a salon for over 20 years, but for the first 10-12 years, he was the owner of a small salon in Los Angeles, using only the product he developed - keeping true to his vision, not compromising and working to perfect the product and increase the product line after his "paying" job ended for the day. He didn't start selling to QVC and GR until a little more than 9 yrs ago. Think of the hours and money he put into WEN and his intelligence and ability to develop this totally new type of product into the brand it is now.

Everyone seems so cranky on the board today, I just wanted to post what I think is a success story, whether you use WEN or not.

Super Contributor

On 10/27/2014 Deanie said:

How old was the daughter? Didn't her hair grow back?
Esteemed Contributor

On 10/27/2014 okiebug said:

I'm sorry I wrote such a bad title - to get just an argument about Locks of Love meant I didn't start right.

I think it's an amazing thing Chaz has done. If you think about the timeline - he has had a salon for over 20 years, but for the first 10-12 years, he was the owner of a small salon in Los Angeles, using only the product he developed - keeping true to his vision, not compromising and working to perfect the product and increase the product line after his "paying" job ended for the day. He didn't start selling to QVC and GR until a little more than 9 yrs ago. Think of the hours and money he put into WEN and his intelligence and ability to develop this totally new type of product into the brand it is now.

Everyone seems so cranky on the board today, I just wanted to post what I think is a success story, whether you use WEN or not.

Where was an argument? We had a discussion. When you start a thread you can't control the way it goes.

Trusted Contributor