Contributor

Eyelash Extensions anyone???

I would like to hear from anyone who has had this done. how expensive is it? How long do they last? Is it painful? Is it worth it? Thanks ladies!!
Honored Contributor

Re: Eyelash Extensions anyone???

My niece got it done. It's a several hundred dollar investment because there's upkeep.

Super Contributor

I'd love to do this, but as said it's all the maintenance. Places advertise a great price for the initial set, but the it's the constant fills that ends up being costly.

Super Contributor

I have used individual eyelashes off and on for over 20 years. Once you get the hang of it, they're a snap to apply and last a week if you take care of them and the are a fraction of the cost of professional extensions. The best are the "Everlash Single MINI TRIM Lashes" and you can get them from /madamemadeline.com

Respected Contributor

I've been wearing lash extensions for just about 3 years now. the initial cost was $125 which is low compared to what is out there and the area where I live, but a friend of mine did the research and found this particular girl.

they do not hurt at all, but some people do need to get used to wearing them. you don't wear mascara with them; it isn't needed. you can go swimming and pretty much do anything you want.

I get mine filled every 3 weeks and it costs me $40 plus tip. I could go longer, but I don't.

I love them and will wear them forever if I can. they're the best thing since sliced bread!!!

Super Contributor

On 10/27/2014 ladyroxanne said:

I've been wearing lash extensions for just about 3 years now. the initial cost was $125 which is low compared to what is out there and the area where I live, but a friend of mine did the research and found this particular girl.

they do not hurt at all, but some people do need to get used to wearing them. you don't wear mascara with them; it isn't needed. you can go swimming and pretty much do anything you want.

I get mine filled every 3 weeks and it costs me $40 plus tip. I could go longer, but I don't.

I love them and will wear them forever if I can. they're the best thing since sliced bread!!!

I have an appointment to get mine done. Are there brands of eye shadow and liner you can wear? Do I have to buy their brand? Thanks.
Super Contributor

Personally, I think we are getting way too vain once we reach this point. I can certainly appreciate wanting fuller eyelashes, as I barely have any at the moment thanks to cancer and all of the treatment for it. Nevertheless, when we get so very wrapped up in our appearance to go to this level just for eyelashes, we have truly lost sight of what makes us beautiful and attractive to ourselves as well as others.

I think by the time we reach this level nothing we can do will truly satisfy us for long, because their is a problem within ourselves, a lack of self-confidence, making us search for the exacting beauty product to make us so appealing to ourselves and others.

We need to invest in helping our inner beauty shine brighter and making what given beauty we have look its best, without searching for every product made to "fake" it bigger and better.

Super Contributor

On 10/27/2014 Remee said:

Personally, I think we are getting way too vain once we reach this point. I can certainly appreciate wanting fuller eyelashes, as I barely have any at the moment thanks to cancer and all of the treatment for it. Nevertheless, when we get so very wrapped up in our appearance to go to this level just for eyelashes, we have truly lost sight of what makes us beautiful and attractive to ourselves as well as others.

I think by the time we reach this level nothing we can do will truly satisfy us for long, because their is a problem within ourselves, a lack of self-confidence, making us search for the exacting beauty product to make us so appealing to ourselves and others.

We need to invest in helping our inner beauty shine brighter and making what given beauty we have look its best, without searching for every product made to "fake" it bigger and better.

Remee, you do make a good; however, having always had light, straight, sparse lashes, I want to see what it is like. You don't know my circumstances--don't judge. Why are you reading and posting on a beauty board? Isn't that hypocritical? Where is the "too vain" line exactly?
Trusted Contributor

Mine were $45 then $25 for the upkeep which I did not do. But my lashes were so nice and full looking I really enjoyed them while it lasted.
Frequent Contributor

I wore them for a few months, but I had some sort of adverse reaction that caused me to permanently lose some of my own lashes. That was over two years ago and the bald spots are still there - no regrowth of my own lashes.

When I first got them, before I started losing my own lashes, I loved how they looked, but they do require very special care around the eye area. If you like to really get in that eye area with makeup remover and eye creams, then extensions are not for you.

If you have the extra cash, don't mind the extra care for the eye area, and they don't cause you to permanently lose your own lashes, then they're great.