Super Contributor

What Should I Be Doing Differently?

I am using pomegranate and just recently got the cucumber aloe. I have oily hair, that is why I got the cucumber. I wash my hair every other day and the second day, it's very greasy. I have medium length hair, use seven pumps and then the additional six. Any suggestions to help cut down the greasiness? I love the product and want it to work.
Super Contributor

Re: What Should I Be Doing Differently?

What size bottle are you using? (This helps determine the amount of pumps.)

Super Contributor

The 16oz bottle
Esteemed Contributor

How long are you rinsing?

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Super Contributor

On 10/25/2014 funinthesun said: The 16oz bottle

If I could offer a one-and-done, quick fix kind of suggestion - you are probably not using enough. 13 pumps from a 16 oz isn't really a lot for medium length hair.

Super Contributor

A few minutes? I know I really run my fingers through and rinse well.
Valued Contributor

My hair is at my shoulders and not very thick, I use 10 pumps from a 16oz bottle for each cleanse. I think you need to use more pumps. Make sure and add a big splash of water as well. It helps to distribute the CC evenly. And of course rinse really well. Chaz also says to cleanse daily for a while to kinda retrain your scalp and its oil production. I cleansed daily for about a month then went to every other day, now I can go 3 days between cleansing. I hope all works out for you. The ladies here are really helpful! Hopefully some more wenners chime in as well!
Love my Wen, Love my Animals! God Bless You All!
Super Contributor

On 10/25/2014 Colonel Meow said:

If I could offer a one-and-done, quick fix kind of suggestion - you are probably not using enough. 13 pumps from a 16 oz isn't really a lot for medium length hair.

There is a lot in my hair when i combed it through on the second pass. When I say medium, it's about right at my shoulders and thin
Valued Contributor

Sounds like our hair is very similar. I would say try 10 pumps for each cleanse and see. If it's too much just back it down a pump at a time. :-)
Love my Wen, Love my Animals! God Bless You All!
Super Contributor

On 10/25/2014 funinthesun said:
On 10/25/2014 Colonel Meow said:

There is a lot in my hair when i combed it through on the second pass. When I say medium, it's about right at my shoulders and thin

12-20 pumps from the 16 oz is recommended for shoulder length hair. Since you are using 13 pumps with poor results right now, maybe you should try to increase your pumps with each cleansing (up to 20) to gauge the results.