Trusted Contributor

I have never changed my makeup for the seasons, but this Fall, I decided I was tired of my regular look and went for something different.

I have blue eyes, dark hair and light to med. skin. I am doing my eyes with some lovely bronze eyeshadow, a bit of taupe and just a tiny bit of peach to brighten them up. I'm still using my good ol' standby (but way too$$) Nars "O" ( I get poofed if I call it anything else) blush because it goes with EVERYTHING. But, I CANNOT find a lipstick color I like. I don't care for bright or bold colors, I just want something that nicely complements or compliments (?) my eyes and cheeks. I have tried some testers at the department store (we have 2 in my area) and just cannot decide.

I know that many of you out there are very adept at choosing colors, because I've gotten excellent suggestions in the past.

I need your suggestions...please.

Respected Contributor

The colors I would recommend are from Clinique. Honey Blush, Sweet Honey and Guava Stain would be good choices for the eye and blush colors that you described. You can also try the Pink/Peach lip gloss in a tube from Clinique. It is not as heavy as a regular lip gloss.

Respected Contributor

Sugar Honey from Estee Lauder. One of their top sellers, for good reason.

Honored Contributor

My suggestion would be Nude Lips by Laura Mercier in her Sheer Collection. Goes with everything and it lets your eyes and cheeks stand out. Her lipsticks are wonderful -- creamy, lightweight.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

My new fave is NYX Extra Creamy Round Lipstick in Indian Pink. Lovely color!

Occasional Contributor

Have you looked at G. Armani lip colors? Also, Too Faced has some pretty colors and Chanel and Dior.

Occasional Contributor

I would go to a fabulous store and search out your colors and place the color on your inside of your finger print........this gives the most accurate color for our lips.

Esteemed Contributor

Quinny, how you are doing your eyes sounds really lovely and complimentary! I would choose a color that stays within the peach family....

on the order of....

Image result for lip colors in peach

keeping it light.

I wish I had the exact name of this, but alas! It was not divulged.

You said you didn't want bright or bold colors....but, if you were to apply a bolder color with a lip brush (and not from the bullet), you would have all the control of applying it lightly. You can also tone it down with a lip balm over and/or under.

Here's one to check out: Revlon Colorburst #235 - this one is matte, but I think they also have regular lip butters. You can always put a clear gloss over the matte, but sometimes the matte is a refreshing change.

Revlon ColorBurst Matte Lip Balm, 235 Mischievous, 0.095 oz

Super Contributor

I too was looking for some new lipstick shades this fall and wanted them to be soft. While I'm not good at suggesting shades I purchased a few new lipsticks that you might like. I bought 2 from Clarins which include Pink Magnolia and Nude Pink. They have a really nice collection out called the Lady Like Collection for fall. And last week I picked up Pretty by Aerin Lauder at the EL counter. Her collection is small but the looks are soft and quite nice.

Honored Contributor
On 10/22/2014 author said:

Sugar Honey from Estee Lauder. One of their top sellers, for good reason.

I just received this in a free gift with purchase and it is absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!!!I love it. I also purchased Intense Nude in their new Pure Envy collection and its gorgeous too-love them both!