Valued Contributor

Your Favorite Drugstore Mascara?

Hi Ladies,

It's about time for me to replace my mascara so I thought I'd ask the Beauties here for your DS faves. I've tried pretty much everything from high-end to low, lash curling, tubular, etc. Currently I'm using a Rimmel mascara that has been pretty great. I've been impressed--it hasn't smudged at all. And while it doesn't hold the curl of the lashes all day, it does a pretty good job. And if I remember correctly, it was under $5. I also have loved Trish McEvoy's Lash Curling and the Kevin Aucoin one that's similar. I've tried Mally, Lancome, you name it.

Which one is your fave from the DS? And tell us why you like it!

TIA{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Frequent Contributor

Re: Your Favorite Drugstore Mascara?

I like the Jordana "Extreme Lash" mascara, it's $2.99 at Walgreens.

Respected Contributor

Right now I'm using Wet n Wild Mega Length. I love it so far. I get the water proof one and dab it with a tissue before I put it on. I do that with all of them, but this one really separates and was $2. I also use Maybelline Catlossal. They are both the same kind of short bristled, silicone brush though the Wet n Wild is skinny with the Maybelline is fatter. The Wet n Wild gets into the corners very well and the bottom lashes as well. I really like just dabbing the wand between layers of tissue like I'm pinching it between my fingers. This removes the excess that makes all mascara want to clump and make spider lashes.

Regular Contributor

I use Maybelline's Lash Stiletto -- love it! It lengthens my lashes to where I want them to be. It doesn't add much by way of volume, so you may not like it, but I still have enough volume -- just need length. I use the waterproof as I wear contacts and have allergies that often cause my eyes to water; this stuff says on until it's removed.

HTH,

Rebecca J.

Honored Contributor

Maybelline Define-A-Lash. It is a good dupe for BE Flawless Definition.

Respected Contributor

Hey, glmama!! The only mascaras anywhere (DS and dept store, etc) that hold my curl are Maybelline Full n Soft OR Falsies -- both waterproof!!! I have long lashes that do NOT hold their curl without one of these mascaras. Other waterproof does not hold curl, and I have tried them ALL! So, I don't try to fix it since it ain't broken anymore. Smiley Wink For some reason, the maybelline waterproof works for me, so I don't waste my time or $$$$$ on others -- and Lord knows I've spent a lot of $$$$$ trying to find others that might work for me over the years! HTH!!
Honored Contributor

I am currently using almay's mascara that is colored according to your eye color. Since my eyes are green, my mascara is brown. I like it because it does not clump and gives me length and it's easy to remove and never irritates the eye area. I also like Maybelline Lash Discovery because it gives great length. One more favorite is Aveda's Mosscara because it gives length and conditions lashes.

kindness is strength
Regular Contributor

Maybellines pink & green tube, not waterproof

Esteemed Contributor

Hi glmama!

I don't wear mascara anymore due to that bad stye, but my fave by far was Cover Girl Lash Blast 24 Hour.

It stayed from the time I put it on, until I removed it. Full, fluffy lashes with no smear.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

Jordana Best Lash Extreme. Available at Walgreens. Black tube w/lavender lettering. It's the only Jordana mascara I've liked. I tried the others and pitched them.