Respected Contributor

O/T Help Finding Shoes for Daughter

My daughter wants a purple dress for the holiday season this year. She'll wear it for Christmas Carols at school and I always get her picture taken @ JCP. To be more specific, it's the purple / glittery dress on the front cover of the new American Girl catalog. My problem: shoes. I can't find any to match (looking for purple). I have only one bridal store close to me and they do not carry shoes for children to be dyed and on line seems to have a lot of glitches. I came across one pair at Land's End, but her size is sold out. She wears a 13 or a size 1. I was thinking just a patent, black shoe but I don't think will look nice. If anyone has information that can help, I would be very grateful. Thank you.

Respected Contributor

Re: O/T Help Finding Shoes for Daughter

I think black patent will look lovely and will go w/any other outfits she may like when she is past wearing the purple dress for Christmas. I cant help you in any other way but to give some encouraging words-my DD is a grown woman.

Trusted Contributor

ScrapHappy, perhaps e-bay may have what you are looking for. Black patent leather will look good and you could dress them up by adding a clip on bow for shoes.

Honored Contributor

When my sister and I were little, our dress shoes were black patent in spring and summer and black velvet or suede in fall and winter. Now patent seems popular year round.

Super Contributor

http://www.shoebuy.com/dyeable-kids-shoes.htm

If you find shoes somewhere else, I am sure if you have a shoemaker/cobbler in town they will dye them.

I also think a silver ballet may look nice with a purple glittery dress.

I wish you luck. You remind me of my mom, she always went the extra mile (sometimes 10) to dress me in the perfect outfits.

Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Payless by me has a whole section of dyeables- all sizes!

Respected Contributor

Silver sparkly shoes!

Respected Contributor

on Amazon
Respected Contributor

I don't know what happened there. Anyway, they are from Children's Place.

Esteemed Contributor

Silver.