Frequent Contributor

Sephora Friends and Family Sale - Reviews

My first haul from Sephora came last night and the Kat Von D holiday mini lipstick set is a must have!!! There are two (maybe three) colors that don't work for me, but the rest....OMG!!!! Crazy pigmented and easy to apply. Hexagram is a spectacular red and I can't wait to use it later today. I think I'll be investing in a full size (or three). I have tons of red lippies and this one just took my breath away.

I also bought and swatched all the colors of the Anastasia Tammana eyeshadow palette. There isn't a bad shadow in the bunch. I've only used their eyebrow stuff before but this shadow swatches beautifully. It's very buttery and pigmented. Just gorgeous.

The VIB sale starts in November but I wanted to give you all a heads up on these products.

Have a great day!!!

Valued Contributor

Re: Sephora Friends and Family Sale - Reviews

Is this going on now? I am a Rouge member and haven't heard anything. ???

Valued Contributor

I am answering my own question. Apparently, there is a real friends and family sale for actual friends and family of employees, and then the Rouge, VIB's, etc., get it in November.

Thanks for the review of the Kat lipsticks and Anastasia palette. They sound like winners!

Honored Contributor

On 10/21/2014 Lanikins said:

I am answering my own question. Apparently, there is a real friends and family sale for actual friends and family of employees, and then the Rouge, VIB's, etc., get it in November.

Thanks for the review of the Kat lipsticks and Anastasia palette. They sound like winners!

Yep, they changed it a while back and this is the third year where the VIB+ sale follows the Friends and Family sale. And hooray for answering your own questions. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I am an Ulta Platinum member and I just got an e-mail today for 20% off ALL BRANDS! It is good through 11/1. You only have to spend $400 per year to be Platinum.

I get lots of discount coupons throughout the year and cash credits instead of gifts that I can't use. I used to shop at Sephora but now I do all of my shopping at Ulta and Ulta dot com. Often there is free shipping at $25 and triple points on purchases. Besides having prestige brands, they also have drugstore brands like NYX, CerAve, etc. that have many BOGO sales throughout the year. There also is usually $3.50 off $10 on these brands. For me, Ulta is my beauty store of choice!

Respected Contributor

I'm not platinum, but Ulta sent me the 20% off on almost everything. Very few exclusions like Clinique and Lancome.
Respected Contributor

20% off at ulta, with 10% off prestige brands. good until 11/1

Trusted Contributor

I am getting 20% off prestige brands also, I guess because I am Platinum.

Frequent Contributor

Love the sales.

Ulta is closer to where I live and where I buy most of my beauty items but I always stock up during the Sephora sales. Now if MAC would have a sale, I'd be all set!!

Respected Contributor

I do the same thing. Time to get cleanser from Sephora. Enjoy the Anastasia palette. I had one of her palette about two years ago and it was very nice.