Super Contributor

Sparkling White Ginger Shower Gel & Scrub Duo - Review

I got the Sparkling White Ginger duo during a recent Philosophy promotion (30% discount, no tax, and free shipping, woohoo!!) . The duo is an 8oz shower gel and an 4oz tube of body scrub.

The color is very pretty and wintery!

I think it's great that they are creating different combinations of pairings in the holidays set this year. Rather than the usual of just a shower gel and a lotion, there are sets with scrubs, body souffles and body spritzes. Good to have some variety this season. I especially love the body scrubs {#emotions_dlg.wub}

As far as the scent, I honestly think it smells a lot like Philosophy's "The Gingerbread Man", but I sense a little less "ginger" and a bit more freshness or effervescence. Maybe it's just me, but I think it's better than the actual GBM {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} and would definitely repurchase this set (especially because of the scrub).

I would love to hear what anyone else thinks when they smell Sparkling White Ginger, and how they like it!

Honored Contributor

Re: Sparkling White Ginger Shower Gel & Scrub Duo - Review

Hi cal-gal. Thanks for the review. I've really been wanting to smell this and have seen it but no testers are ever open!

Regular Contributor

Cal-gal,

I like it and I think it smells a lot like a combo of GBM, a bit of bubbly and a smidge of pure grace. :-)

Loving the scrub!

Pink

Super Contributor

On 10/20/2014 pinksilhouette said:

Cal-gal,

I like it and I think it smells a lot like a combo of GBM, a bit of bubbly and a smidge of pure grace. :-)

Loving the scrub!

Pink

Oh YES!!! You hit it on the head, pinksilhouette! Its the bubbly for sure, and I hear you on the pure grace too! Glad you like it too {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Super Contributor

On 10/20/2014 colliemom3 said:

Hi cal-gal. Thanks for the review. I've really been wanting to smell this and have seen it but no testers are ever open!

Hi colliemom3, how are you? It's such a drag that they don't always set out testers for the holiday seasonal sets {#emotions_dlg.mad} Ulta is one that has never set out a tester for the holiday stuff, or at least my store never does. Grumble grumble ... LOL

Nordstrom is very good about setting out testers thankfully. But for the sets / scents that Nordstrom doesn't have, you're kind of stuck.

I really hope you get to smell this, I think you will like it!

Honored Contributor

It sounds great, and the Ulta here does not put out testers either. They told me Philosophy does not provide them with testers. What? Anyway, I am going to see what Dillard's has, as we do not have Nordstrom's.
Super Contributor

Hi Tissyanne, I hope your Dillards has testers. Write back and let us know if you get to smell the holiday stuff, and what you think of them. I would like to hear your reviews! Have fun at the mall!
Honored Contributor

On 10/21/2014 cal-gal said: Hi Tissyanne, I hope your Dillards has testers. Write back and let us know if you get to smell the holiday stuff, and what you think of them. I would like to hear your reviews! Have fun at the mall!
Dillard's does have testers. I will report back. Thanks, cal-gal!
Trusted Contributor

I've been waiting for a review on this one, so thanks, cal-gal! Sounds like a winner!

Trusted Contributor

Thanks cal-gal. Think I'm gong to pick this one up!

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24