Super Contributor

Who is getting the Perricone TSV and have you used this before?

Thank you. Ages if you are over 55 please respond.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Who is getting the Perricone TSV and have you used this before?

I'm 62 and I use all 3 products. I began using Cold Plasma shortly after it's launch years ago. I can't advise how it's addressed my 10 signs of aging, but I can say that it totally resolved my issue with redness. For that reason, I wouldn't go a day without it.

I just hit the bottom of a bottle of Blue Plasma Face last night. I use both BP Face and Eye nightly. I apply both after cleansing and wait approx. 15 minutes for both to absorb before I apply my PM face, eye and neck treatments. It only takes a small amount of Blue Plasma. Too much will leave your face sticky/tacky. The TSV is a great value for anyone who uses those Plasma products.
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007

Trusted Contributor

Does this Blue/Cold Plasma have that stinky fish odor?

Trusted Contributor

On 10/20/2014 gonnab said:

Does this Blue/Cold Plasma have that stinky fish odor?

I don't notice any unpleasant odor in Blue Plasma Face and Eye, however both contain DMAE. The Cold Plasma has an odor, and I really noticed it when I began using it years ago. Some have described it as a metal + fishy odor.
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007

Trusted Contributor

Thanks, Lyn. I'm always intrigued by Dr P's products- have tried them but don't use them, primarily because of that odor. I just can't get over it although many have stated that after time, you don't notice it.

Respected Contributor

Where are the good doc's peer reviewed studies on these products? Has he ever addressed the questionable ingredient DMAE? Dana stumbled when a caller asked her a question this morning and she never seems to share anything scientific about the products.
Trusted Contributor

gonnab - I totally understand! I have a much more sensitive sense of smell than my husband. It took me a while to adjust to the smell of some Perricone products I use. I've found that the "fishy odor" dissipates fairly quickly (or I just get used to it, lol), and hubby has never noticed it at all. My sensitive, combo complexion responds well to Isomers and Perricone, so I tend to stick primarily to those two lines.
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007

Trusted Contributor

On 10/20/2014 SoftRaindrops said: Where are the good doc's peer reviewed studies on these products? Has he ever addressed the questionable ingredient DMAE? Dana stumbled when a caller asked her a question this morning and she never seems to share anything scientific about the products.
SoftRainDrops - I think it would be difficult (if not impossible) for us to find peer reviewed studies on most, if not all OTC skin care products. We've had numerous discussions here on the BB about DMAE and if you run a search, you will be able to read through them. DMAE has been studied and is not an ingredient found only in Perricone products. DMAE can be found in products by other skincare companies, including Jan Marini, Janson-Beckett, Michael Todd True Organics and Skinn.
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007

Respected Contributor

On 10/20/2014 lyn in MI said:
On 10/20/2014 SoftRaindrops said: Where are the good doc's peer reviewed studies on these products? Has he ever addressed the questionable ingredient DMAE? Dana stumbled when a caller asked her a question this morning and she never seems to share anything scientific about the products.
SoftRainDrops - I think it would be difficult (if not impossible) for us to find peer reviewed studies on most, if not all OTC skin care products. We've had numerous discussions here on the BB about DMAE and if you run a search, you will be able to read through them. DMAE has been studied and is not an ingredient found only in Perricone products. DMAE can be found in products by other skincare companies, including Jan Marini, Janson-Beckett, Michael Todd True Organics and Skinn.
Thank you, Lynn. I am very uncomfortable spending a lot of money on his products because I want more proof that they work.
Trusted Contributor

On 10/20/2014 SoftRaindrops said:
On 10/20/2014 lyn in MI said:
Thank you, Lynn. I am very uncomfortable spending a lot of money on his products because I want more proof that they work.
I understand how you feel, SoftRainDrops, however to my knowledge OTC skin care manufacturers do not subject their products to peer reviewed studies. They all formulate with ingredients purchased from labs that have done clinicals on those individual ingredients. Those labs seldom (if ever) subject those ingredients to peer reviewed studies either.
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007