Super Contributor

So, if you use a powder- like Milani brow fix kit...

...to fill in your brows, what do you do next or put on top? Surely the powder doesn't just stay without being set somehow does it? And powder doesn't keep hairs shaped, right? I have pretty full and dark brows but I am beginning to have a few tiny sparse spots. I usually wear a pretty natural makeup look. So, I want to fill in these spots but not have a very overdone brow look. TIA for any tips/advice/product rec's! ~ smiles, SnowKita
Honored Contributor

Re: So, if you use a powder- like Milani brow fix kit...

I don't use anything over the Milani brow powder or any other brow powder. I simply refine them with a clean spoolie brush. I've had no trouble with the brow powders staying in place all day
Contributor

Hi SnowKita! I'm not familiar w/the powder brow kit, but have used the pencil w/ the attached spoolie to touch-up sparse spots or define my arch. I *set* it with Maybelline's clear mascara. Frankly...on days I just want shaping...I use the clear mascara. hth

Trusted Contributor

Smashbox Brow Tech comes with the powder as well as brow wax, which is a clear wax that allows the powder to adhere to the skin and hairs as well as shapes the brows and keeps hairs in place. You can also buy the brow wax separately. It's a fantastic product!

Smashbox Brow Wax:

BROW TECH WAX

Smashbox Brow Tech Trio:

BROW TECH TRIO

Trusted Contributor

I just tried the Milani brow marker and can't believe how easy it is to use. I'd never tried a marker product before and actually meant to pick up a pencil, but I was in a hurry and grabbed the wrong thing.

Turns out I love this product. Goes on easily and smoothly, great match for me in the lightest color, and lasts all day.

Does not need any powder or wax. If you like Milani, give this a try!

Respected Contributor

I've tried several different things as well and Mabelline clear mascara is the easiest and looks most natural on me too
Trusted Contributor

Anastasia has a similar product to the brow wax; it is called Dip-Brow Pomade. It comes in several colors to match your brows and is an all-in-one product. I have not used it personally, as I like the Smashbox product quite well. Anastasia also has a Tinted Brow Gel (also available in several colors) and a Clear Waterproof Gel, which is designed to "bond, seal, and waterproof any powdered makeup." I have used the Tinted Brow Gel; however, I have never used it with a powder. No reason why you couldn't though.

Anastasia Dip-Brow Pomade:

Anastasia Beverly Hills - DIPBROW™ Pomade

Anastasia Tinted Brow Gel:

Anastasia Beverly Hills - Tinted Brow Gel

Super Contributor

Thanks for the input beauties. I can't image liking the feeling of having a wax or a pomade on my face. I think I will try just the powder first and see how that goes. You have given me some great product ideas to check out. Thanks so much.
Trusted Contributor

I can't even feel the wax on my face, but I understand your reluctance. I can actually feel the brow gel more than the wax, but everyone is different.

If you have a Sephora nearby, or another MU counter that sells these products, you might see if you can try before you buy.

Contributor

Vamp! That Anastasia tinted brow gel doesss look interesting!