Super Contributor

It celebration foundation VS illumination foundation

Please share what one you like better and why. thank you

Valued Contributor

Re: It celebration foundation VS illumination foundation

I like the Illumination a little better, just because it seems a tad lighter in texture. But I do use both.

Super Contributor

I prefer the original Celebration Foundation. I love the matte finish and I feel like it makes my skin look airbrushed, though some say it makes their complexion look "muddy." I don't find this to be true for me, however. I do own and use the Celebration Foundation Illumination, as well. I agree it does feel a bit lighter in texture, as you said, but I just prefer the way the foundation looks without the illumination. I wish the shades were consistent between the two, though. Both winners in my book Smiley Happy.

Respected Contributor

On 10/16/2014 ssssgirl said:

I like the Illumination a little better, just because it seems a tad lighter in texture. But I do use both.

Glad to see your answers, I love the IT Celebration, but I did order the TSV. I am very curious to see the difference. Ordered the same color I usually use, the light before it sold out. I will let you all know if I like it.

Valued Contributor

if you already like the celebration I think you will definately like the illumination. I wanted the TSV, but have sooo many blushes and mascaras already, tried to justify it and just couldn"t. I will buy the foundation alone when I need it.

Esteemed Contributor

I like the look of Illuminating better than the Original. The Original looks too dark in the Light and Medium shades, and too red in Dark. The Illuminating color tones look more realistic to me. Also, the sheen is not sparkly glitter, so there's no danger of one's face looking like a sugar frosted flake.

Super Contributor

thank you ladies, other opinions welcome.

Regular Contributor

I like the Illumination foundation better. I have both in light & the Illumination one is a bit lighter in color & gives a more natural look on my skin. The original is just too matte for me.

Respected Contributor

I like the celebration foundation better. The illumination is lighter in the same color. If you have oily skin, the extra shine will not be desirable. I put bronzer over the illuminator foundation when I use it. Passed on this TSV and the one before. Last one I purchased was the Dec 2013 or Jan 2014 one and all the preceding ones for the past 1 1/2 years. Eyeing the new brown and liner.

Honored Contributor

I like both. I have oily skin and the celebration foundation gives you a more matte finish with a touch of glow. The illumination gives one more of that dewy look. I use them as a powder over my liquid foundation though.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**