Contributor
I am interested in the 613 gallon. Is it really better than the regular CC's with a noticeable difference? Right now, I'm using FGP and Fig. I have thick, coarse, frizz prone hair.
Super Contributor
What's FGP?
Super Contributor

I don't mean to dissuade you, and I'm sure you will receive many posts to the contrary. But, I have the same hair type as you and 613 dries out my hair horribly, makes it frizzy, prone to breakage, and just generally makes my hair unmanageable.

I think this has something to do with the extra protein in the formulation, as I have the same results when using the seasonals. I've learned my lesson the hard way, and now know not to stray away from FIG and TT.

ETA: I might purchase a smaller size first, to see if it works for you, OP. A gallon is a huge commitment to make without knowing for sure if that formula works for you.

Super Contributor
On 9/29/2014 blossompie said: What's FGP?

Fall Ginger Pumpkin

Trusted Contributor
Fall Ginger Pumpkin - one of the fall seasonals. If you haven't tried 613 before, you might want to try a smaller size. There's always next year to get the gallon if you like it and think you'll use it regularly. While 613 is a treatment and smells wonderful, it can be drying. I don't think many people use only 613, they mix it with other CC's or use it as a second cleanse.
Respected Contributor
On 9/29/2014 lizzief said: Fall Ginger Pumpkin - one of the fall seasonals. If you haven't tried 613 before, you might want to try a smaller size. There's always next year to get the gallon if you like it and think you'll use it regularly. While 613 is a treatment and smells wonderful, it can be drying. I don't think many people use only 613, they mix it with other CC's or use it as a second cleanse.

I agree with lizzief about 613. You definitely shouldn't buy a gallon of 613 if you have never tried it. Most of us can't use 613 very often. I like it but can't use it more than once a week. Many Wenners just use it occasionally and mix it with other formulas as was stated above.

It is never a good idea to buy a gallon of any of the Wen formulas that you have never tried. A formula that is terrific for some may not work for you.

Honored Contributor
<h4>$199.00 seems like a great deal of money for shampoo. I would rather spend more money, buying smaller sizes over time, than shell out a lump sum, this high-priced, for shampoo. I know the math makes the gallon size cheaper, in the long run, but my mind just can not get around the price point. I am surprised it sells so well.</h4>
Esteemed Contributor
On 9/29/2014 Colonel Meow said:

I don't mean to dissuade you, and I'm sure you will receive many posts to the contrary. But, I have the same hair type as you and 613 dries out my hair horribly, makes it frizzy, prone to breakage, and just generally makes my hair unmanageable.

I think this has something to do with the extra protein in the formulation, as I have the same results when using the seasonals. I've learned my lesson the hard way, and now know not to stray away from FIG and TT.

ETA: I might purchase a smaller size first, to see if it works for you, OP. A gallon is a huge commitment to make without knowing for sure if that formula works for you.

I also have thick, course, frizz-prone hair. My curls love 613. I use it at least once a week.

Like CM said, buy a smaller bottle first. The first bottle I got, I used it for both cleanses and leave-in for 3 weeks. By that time, my hair was starting to get protein overload (straw). I backed off to once a week with good results, but I'm not ready to commit to a gallon.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Valued Contributor

Ignore any of the naysayers that say it is too expensive - if you are already using a product you are already aware of pricing and the results you get.

Now, I have similar hair and get fantastic results with 613. I only wash my hair 2x a week, sometimes 3, and try to use 613 at least once a week or once every 2 weeks. I treat it more as a treatment than a normal cleanse. If your hair is handling the protein of the seasonals well than your hair should be fine with 613 - however since you have not used it I would also agree to not purchase the gallon.

Instead, I would suggest trying out the set of 613 travel packettes (item #A238231), the fig and 613 set (since you are already using fig anyways this would stock you up for a much cheaper price of around $44 for the 2 16oz bottles, item #A238233) or even the 613 "home & away set" (you get 16oz CC, 4 packettes, 2oz styling creme, & 1.8oz mousse, item #A258093. The styling creme of 613 is my personal favorite especially when used before blow drying & flat ironing my hair).

Honored Contributor
On 9/29/2014 Colonel Meow said:

ITA with CM on all points!

Definitely try a smaller bottle first if you do decide to try it. It would also cost alot to send a gallon back if you don't like it.