Contributor

Need a recommendation for shower gel

I am looking for a shower gel with good-for-you ingredients that comes in a large (32oz +) container. I have tried the alba bontanica shower gels and don't really like them. My main beef is that they slide off your skin when you are trying to shave. Any recommendations for a very emollient shower gel? Thanks!!!

Valued Contributor

Re: Need a recommendation for shower gel

Have you thought of any of the Dove soaps? When I run out, if I ever do, I am thinking of going back to Dove soap. I am really tired of looking at those 32 oz kegs in my shower.

Regular Contributor

Korres shower gels are made from natural ingredients including their scents. They leave your skin feeling clean and extremely soft and moisturize. I have tried many others and Korres is all that I use now, it is the best IMO. I do not think it comes in 32 oz. however they do have a 4 pack. It only takes a small amount compared to others so it lasts a long time.
Respected Contributor

On 9/29/2014 Need2Settle said:

I am looking for a shower gel with good-for-you ingredients that comes in a large (32oz +) container. I have tried the alba bontanica shower gels and don't really like them. My main beef is that they slide off your skin when you are trying to shave. Any recommendations for a very emollient shower gel? Thanks!!!

Are you planning to use it to shave with also?

Honored Contributor

On 9/29/2014 rat2e said: Korres shower gels are made from natural ingredients including their scents. They leave your skin feeling clean and extremely soft and moisturize. I have tried many others and Korres is all that I use now, it is the best IMO. I do not think it comes in 32 oz. however they do have a 4 pack. It only takes a small amount compared to others so it lasts a long time.

I agree! A squirt the size of a quarter covers your entire body. HSN has some great deals on multiples. And they're guy friendly too. My boyfriend just announced that the fig is his favorite. I like the lemon-basil myself.

Respected Contributor

Try your local whole foods market. I picket up avalon organics lavender shower gel

At target i got the herbal essences Honey shower gel and its a real big bottle. Used it today and scent is nice and mild

Esteemed Contributor

Ditto. Guave is my favorite. IMO, it sudses (?) up the best when used with those nylon net things you can get anywhere for about a dollar.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Super Contributor

I love Korres shower gels too, they're really nice and leave your skin moisturized. I highly recommend them.

Respected Contributor

I currently buy most of my body products from the body shop. They are good products for the money and I buy them when they are on sale.

Honored Contributor

Try looking on sites like Puritans Pride, Vitacost and Swanson's.