Super Contributor

Dear QVC, please explain to us your holiday extended return policy because Jacque...

keeps saying that you can buy a wig and if you don't like it, you have the extended return policy to send it back until January,

Really?

Who would wear a wig for 4 months, possibly cut it, and then send it back for a refund? Would QVC have the audacity to sell it then as a returned item? I checked their policy and here is what it says:

<h4 style="margin: 0px; padding: 35px 0px 0px; font-size: 12px; color: #333333; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: 16px;"> Do you offer an extended return policy during the holidays?</h4>

Yes! You can shop with confidence this holiday season. Any gifts you purchase from September 20, 2014 through December 23, 2014 at noon ET can be returned for any reason until January 31, 2015. You can exchange the item or you can return the gift for a full refund of the purchase price and original Shipping & Handling charges.

I don't consider buying a wig for yourself a gift and I sure wish I knew how QVC would know if a purchase is a gift or if the purchaser is just buying as they normally would during the year for themselves.

Valued Contributor

Re: Dear QVC, please explain to us your holiday extended return policy because Jacque...

They don't care. Hey, you could buy a cute wig for x-mas and New Years then return it.

Respected Contributor

Re: Dear QVC, please explain to us your holiday extended return policy because Jacque...

But if you return too frequently they send you a mean letter. lol I got a letter saying my return habit was 1% above average. And it subtly suggested I may be suspended from purchasing. This letter was all about 1% over the average rate of returns? I can understand if i was returning 20% above the average but 1%. Gez lol

Esteemed Contributor

I don't understand the problem. The extended policy is currently in effect. If you purchase the item and do not care for it, say it's a gift for yourself or someone else, and return it.

Super Contributor

The usual holiday extended warranty is in efffect now, as always this time of year. No different than any other year. As of now, any product that you buy has a return date until January instead of the usual 30-days.

Why are you bent on this wig with cutting it and such? The policy is the same on every product, unless otherwise stated. Common sense applies as always.

Super Contributor

Yes, QVC says you can return "any item for any reason" by January 31, 2015.
Respected Contributor

I was told by a CS rep that you can't use the item. It's considered a gift. I went back and forth with her and she finally said I could return it,
Honored Contributor

For Pete's sake, anything anything can be considered a gift! You don't need an attorney or legal justification, just buy what you wish and return it before January 31st. Some people will argue about anything.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

On 9/28/2014 QMaven said: Yes, QVC says you can return "any item for any reason" by January 31, 2015.

Agreed. Seems pretty cut and dried.

Respected Contributor

The return policy is for every product QVC sells. People purchase beauty products, use them, and then return them. Same as food items. Does not mean they resell them - they write it off as a loss.