Respected Contributor

Obviously someone likes it, because it's still out there!

I just can't seem to like it no matter how long it's been done.

I didn't like Chaz Dean's look, Chelsea Clinton's husband, the Duggar daughter's new husband (3 examples I've recently seen), or anybody.

For a formal look, it's terrible. There will be all those wedding photos out there that people will hate later! Although I don't like MY OWN wedding hat veil today!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are some really good looking men out there doing a disservice to their looks, in my never humble opinion.

Hyacinth {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor

Re: Chaz - I liked how he wore his hair in a bun this visit. It was MUCH better than greasy hair and scruffy, multi-color beard!

My son alternates between clean shaven & scruffy. It's what the women like. He doesn't shave at all one month in the winter - it's for cancer awareness.

Honored Contributor

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

As long as they arent gray yet, once they get gray, scruffy just makes them look old.

eta~ Oh yah, I dont really care for scruffy either!! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Respected Contributor
On 9/28/2014 suzyQ3 said:

I was referring to the photo I saw of Chelsea Clinton's husband with their new baby. I might think he was just up for hours and didn't have a chance to shave, but these days, it's more a style choice!!

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor
I think like anything else, it looks good on some and not on others. Many men have a five o'clock shadow on the weekends. I know shaving everyday can be a drag so many take breaks on the weekend. I Find as long as it is just scruff or even a well trimmed beard it is fine. There comes a line where too much is no good though.
Respected Contributor

Super Contributor

The scruffy look makes men look "dirty" and unkempt. There was a commercial with a scruffy looking man and his face looked unwashed. As you can tell, I don't care for it at all.

Respected Contributor

Some of the scruffy ones look good. If they're good looking and not dirty, it can be attractive. When I was in high school, there were two brothers who were like Oscar and Felix. One was always groomed to the extreme, with every hair in place and all his clothes impeccable. His brother's hair was always kind of unkempt and his clothes were maybe a bit wrinkled. All the girls went wild over the Felix brother and never gave the other brother a second look. I thought that was strange because the neat brother really seemed more like a girl to me, plus the sloppy brother was much more handsome. I don't like full beards.

Respected Contributor

I agree with the anti-scruffy posters. DH seldom lets his facial hair grow more than two days then he uses Mr. Norelco. A couple years ago he took me to see one of favorites, Tom Jones. Tom came out with a beard. I was so disappointed. Luckily his voice was as good as ever and he put on a terrific show. Would have been better beardless.