Honored Contributor

What is the lightest, whitest liquid foundation?

I figure it can't hurt to ask people about this... my coloring would be an ivory with pink overtones/undertones. Have you seen any lately that might be classified in this way?

For instance, I could never wear BE Fairly light... it was too yellow, if this helps at all.

TIA

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

Re: What is the lightest, whitest liquid foundation?

I don't know since I am African American, but you could probably easily find something if in your metro area there are any stores that cater to Asian customers. If you have a Japantown or a Koreatown. They try to get their makeup very white and the major cosmetics brands in the US make lighter colors they usually sell only to those markets. The Japantown and Koreatown stores sell them. I have seen them when I go to Koreatown to buy eyelashes. Just an idea. That way you could actually see the product.

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Honored Contributor

Thank you, Kjelle, what a great idea! I'm sure we DO have those areas nearby... I will ask some ladies if they know where!

Super Contributor

MAC Face and Body in white is good to have on hand to lighten up other liquid foundations.

MAC Face and Body

Honored Contributor

This is Almay's-

And Laura Mercier-

Trusted Contributor

Have you tried true blend foundation in the little bottles with the screw top? MAC also offers an array of shades.

I know you asked about a liquid, but Edward Bess has a mousse foundation in fair that is almost too fair for me, and that's the only time I can recall a shade being almost too light for me.

I apply it very lightly with a mu wedge. Some have said the foundation is too heavy, but I have no trouble keeping coverage very minimal. I don't like a lot of mu on my face.

The Bess foundation looks scary orange in the jar but does not look that way on my face. I have a tough time with foundations being too dark and too yellow/orange, so I feel your pain. Smiley Happy

My skin is on the oily side, not wildly so, but on the oily side. If your skin is dry or flaky due to the weather, Bess may not be best for you unless you use a primer or moisturizer, which I never do.

Honored Contributor

On 9/27/2014 ElvisShops said:

I know you asked about a liquid, but Edward Bess has a mousse foundation in fair that is almost too fair for me, and that's the only time I can recall a shade being almost too light for me.

Edward Bess Black Sea Mousse Foundation with Brush

Trusted Contributor

On 9/27/2014 lolakimono said:

This is Almay's-

And Laura Mercier-

I haven't tried a lot of Mercier foundations, but I did try her new Smooth Finish. Even the lightest shade is too dark. I don't know if all her shades run that way or just the Smooth Finish. Aside from the color range, I really liked the Smooth Finish.

Honored Contributor

Thank you for your replies... this gives me some ideas and a starting place! Thank you MargieRJ, ElvisShops lolakimono!

Edward Bess looks interesting... I too tend to having oily skin, and it seems very unique that a mousse foundation would tend to be drying... that would probably be good in my case.

I'm disappointed to read that LM runs dark... there is a new formulation which might work, tho. Guess I need to see it in person.... AFTER I RETIRE!!!

Respected Contributor