Super Contributor

Does Laura Geller's Balance 'n Brighten look powdery?

I'm always so tempted, but always figure it'll end up looking like a powder.

What do you think?

Thanks!

Super Contributor

Re: Does Laura Geller's Balance 'n Brighten look powdery?

IMO, yes.

Super Contributor

I'm scared of that, too, Maren! I'm hesitant about powder and mineral foundations because I'm afraid they will settle into my fine lines and look "filmy" in general.

I did like the IT Celebration Foundation, but had to return it because even the lightest shade was too dark for me.

Respected Contributor

I don't find that to be true. In fact, I am 61 years old and my 34 year old niece complimented me on my makeup, particularly the blush. It was L..G's. I had an extra blush so I gave it to her and she loves it. As long as you have a moisturizer you like, it goes on flawlessly.

Respected Contributor

It is a powder and it looks like a powder when applied. It's liquid pigment baked by Italian artisans? Come on. It's still powder.

Honored Contributor

Any SPF ???

Super Contributor

On 9/26/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:

Any SPF ???

Are you asking if the TSV foundation has SPF?

Respected Contributor

I have been using it for maybe 8 or more yrs and just lately I have been noticing after application I am detecting a little powdery look. It all melds together with your skin soon tho, I use a dust of it over my tinted moisturizer. Lately I have been using DJs Fusion Brush to buff it all around after I apply it and that is working better.

I love the B&B but because of what I am noticing lately I bought Josie Marans Pressed Powder on Hautelook to try something different. We'll see, I dont get it for awhile but I have a feeling I will still love my B&B better. Hopefully I like Josie's, I'm nervous to try something new!

eta~ my skin type and your skin type are totally different so its hard to say.

Super Contributor

On 9/26/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:

Any SPF ??? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

I wear a sunscreen w/22% zinc underneath, so I'm not concerned about that. BUT, I think the FDA has recently put the kibosh on powder products allowing to claim SPF protection. Probably because application can't be consistently consistent. :-)

Contributor

I am 59 and I wear LG Balance & Brighten and it is the best foundation I have ever used. For it to look it's best I strongly recommend using the moisturizing Spackle.

At a party last week my two nieces 26 & 28 were asking me what I use on my skin that I have no wrinkles. (I do have some but that miracle Spackle stuff smooths them out and the B&B doesn't settle into my fine lines and wrinkles.)

It really makes my complexion look flawless. Go for it!!