Respected Contributor

Losing shows due to "Christmas programming"

I know they won't listen, and don't care what I have to say!

Watched a little of "Inspired Style" with Amy Stran this morning. She said that it would be her last show this year due to upcoming Christmas programming.

You mean, the few shows that are specialized (like Friday Night Beauty, for example) have to be given up in October for CHRISTMAS?

I must be in the minority, because I care less about Christmas shows, much less in October. The one show I almost always watch (at least in part) is Friday Night Beauty.

I will watch much less of QVC, HSN, from now on. But, I guess, they make more money elsewhere.

Hyacinth {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Respected Contributor

Re: Losing shows due to ""Christmas programming""

I definitely agree with you. I don't watch any of the shopping channels very often but do like to watch the beauty shows. I have never watched a Christmas show and definitely wouldn't be watching in September or October.

Esteemed Contributor

Agree. I really like Inspired Style and don't understand why they take it off the schedule until after the holidays (they did the same last year). Did it ever occur to them that some of us would like to buy fashion items for Christmas gifts instead of flashlights, electronics, etc.?

Trusted Contributor

I'm reminded every October that Christmas programming means very few shows to watch for the rest of the year. Then in January they start the exercise equipment and diet food shows for a while. Boring!

Honored Contributor

It's the way they make their money and nothing new. If you depend on people who watch TV and your show, the Q and other stations always have Christmas shows early. You'll have to turn the channel and make the best of it.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

On 9/26/2014 kze said:

I'm reminded every October that Christmas programming means very few shows to watch for the rest of the year. Then in January they start the exercise equipment and diet food shows for a while. Boring!

They push holiday food at you, then after Christmas tell you that you are fat and need diet stuff and exercise equipment.

Hyacinth

Contributor

I love Christmas as much as the next person but it seems that every holiday is "overdone" in stores and the media. By the time the actual holiday arrives, I'm over it. It's a shame. I am going to try my very best this year to limit my access to outside influences and get back to basics, my family. They aren't going to remember the gifts you gave them but the memories you make will last a lifetime.

Frequent Contributor

They do this every year. All Christmas, all the time, starting the end of September. Very few regular shows till after the holidays. I hate it.
Respected Contributor

QVC Christmas programming is the universe telling me I'm watching too much QVC. Let's all catch up on our reading or DVR programs.
Honored Contributor

On 9/26/2014 chessylady said: QVC Christmas programming is the universe telling me I'm watching too much QVC. Let's all catch up on our reading or DVR programs.

Isn't that the truth. Nothing like a good book to take you away to another place & time.

kindness is strength