Super Contributor

I'll admit it, I'm not a fan of her makeup. But I love watching her on air presentations. There is something about her that is so real, so relatable, and just hilarious! Love her sense of humor and she reallly does her stuff when it comes to makeup. And my last love ... she isn't a size 4 and doesn't apologize for it! You rock, Ms. Geller.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Laura Geller Cracks Me Up!

I love her also and always have. She looks fabulous. She's not a size 4 but she's lost weight and looks great.
Honored Contributor

I haven't seen Laura this trip, as I simply don't need anything from her line and am not in the market for more make-up shows, but add me to the list who love Laura. I might catch her later if there's a show tonight.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I am not really a fan of any of her products either but she is fun to watch and gives some good tricks. I love when she does the "model face". Haha!

I did LOVE her Sandbar eye palette but unfortunately, hubby just broke it into tiny pieces the other day. Smiley Sad(

Super Contributor

Guess she's just more my style than say, Mally. I've just really enjoyed her today.

Honored Contributor

Laura is just so darn likable. You'd like for her to be a good friend.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

Hi ExPat, I agree! I caught her this morning talking about her mother's critiques of her presentations, and it was just so much fun!
Super Contributor

I love Laura. She is by far my favorite vendor on QVC to just watch. She's so genuine and warm, yet also knows her stuff. I've been a loyal Balance & Brighten user for several years.
Trusted Contributor

Would you love her so much if she said ,"70% ( sometimes it's 80%) of us are chocolate?" 70% of whom? you'd ask. The customers you serve? The people you recognize? What if you were delegated to the inconsequential "rest of them" Did you know or care that > 70% of the world's population is comprised of people of color ? All shades of color from wheat to honey to henna to clay to terra cotta to dark chocolate and ebony? What if there were one foundation for ALL of you of northern European descent? say medium beige, period.

How would you feel if the disk she uses to show what the cakes are baked on is just a bit lighter than your own skin and every color of the eye palette, under the same lighting as the people, is a variation of gray and on that disk they all look the same? If everything you put on your face turned silver grey or dingy white. How is hodgepodge of bright chartreuse , pink and white supposed to balance your tone?

What if I gave you a roll up stick of tar and told you it was the perfect color for your lips, cheeks and eyes?

She's all that you've all said but she is more. She's personable, witty, attractive and has some girth. Her appeal is part of the problem . She makes it acceptable to label at least 2/3 of the country inconsequential, invisible . Of so little import that they all look alike? They're certainly all the same color. Columbians, Haitians, Ethiopians, Native Americans, Inca, Barbadans, Southeast Asians, Arabs, Australians, Africans ,North and South and Middle Americans. The damage done has been studied and the ramifications spread across our country from inner city to grasslands. Disenfranchised is a popular title these days.

I like her anyway She's and Innocent, a child of God. I just wish she'd acknowledge my existence. Any artist can open their chest of pastels and show her that one whole tray is full of the colors of people.

Im not asking for anything, not even understanding. But to remain silent is to perpetuate the injustice.

And I adore Mally, I respect and admire her. Why don't you?

Honored Contributor

Good grief.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland