Super Contributor

LG needs to use older models 50 plus- with "aging skin issues"

Showing the TS on a 20 something model does not help me decide if this kit is going to help. I think she needs to use blond Maria, or the other model in her 50's with blond hair. They have the normal sun damage, dry skin and wrinkles that the average woman probably deal with that are 50 plus... now I said AVERAGE... I know there are women who may relate to a 20 year old complexion... but, probably not most of them.

If LG is really just targeting the 20 somethings, that is fine, but, she should say so. Otherwise lets see it work on the older demographic.

I did notice last night that Laura's makeup was not very becoming on her... she had a lot of white around her eyes that was illuminated terribly on air. Especially in the inner corners of her eyes. Made me wonder about using her products as if she is a professional makeup artist, and can not apply her own products well... how am I going to do it?

Super Contributor

Re: LG needs to use older models 50 plus- with ""aging skin issues""

On 9/26/2014 Laura Geller Beauty Team said:

Thank you so much for your input! Laura Geller Beauty is meant for women of all ages and we would love to show ALL of our Geller Gals wearing it. For a truly easy-to-apply collection, take a look at today's TSV, Bella Vita. For more application tips & information on Laura Geller Beauty, visit us on Facebook anytime! - Laura Geller Beauty Team

So why no older gals ON AIR?? Please answer the question.

Respected Contributor

Why start ONLY with young beautiful models who already are wearing full makeup? This made me change the channel.

Super Contributor

On 9/26/2014 silkyk said:

Why start ONLY with young beautiful models who already are wearing full makeup? This made me change the channel.

Thank-you!

Honored Contributor

It's all an illusion, ladies. They can't use older women with real skin issues because.......the products do no do what the sales hype says they do. Surely, you understand that now. Makeup and skincare can help us look better....it can't perform miracles.

Respected Contributor

On 9/26/2014 gazelle77 said:
On 9/26/2014 Laura Geller Beauty Team said:

Thank you so much for your input! Laura Geller Beauty is meant for women of all ages and we would love to show ALL of our Geller Gals wearing it. For a truly easy-to-apply collection, take a look at today's TSV, Bella Vita. For more application tips & information on Laura Geller Beauty, visit us on Facebook anytime! - Laura Geller Beauty Team

So why no older gals ON AIR??

Exactly!!!!

Yeah, I know LG or any makeup for that matter is made for all women. Makeup always looks good on someone young.

If there's a makeup presentation on QVC and they're applying it on a 20 year I immediately turn the channel.

I would like to see it on someone older also, like Maria.

Super Contributor

On 9/26/2014 chrystaltree said:

It's all an illusion, ladies. They can't use older women with real skin issues because.......the products do no do what the sales hype says they do. Surely, you understand that now. Makeup and skincare can help us look better....it can't perform miracles.

Yes! I want to see that the powder foundation works with dryer more lined skin with aging issues. If It does this... than all we want to see is that is does it.

Bring a 50 plus model in WITH NO MAKE UP ALREADY ON HER FACE( a clean face) and have Laura put it on.

Honored Contributor

Doesn't she still put talc in her makeup?

That will emphasize lines and wrinkles and dryness.

Respected Contributor

Lots of people laugh but Adrien Arpel does just that. Sometimes she EVEN uses a 70 year old woman who comes out in no makeup. OH my imagine that! The horror!!!!! Q makeup vendors would NEVER be brave enough to do this.....or honest enough!

Super Contributor

On 9/26/2014 KittyLouWhoToo said:

Doesn't she still put talc in her makeup?

That will emphasize lines and wrinkles and dryness.

If that is the case, than either say it or show it.