Respected Contributor

Ordered and then cancelled the TSV Bare Minerals, Just don't need it but....

I ordered the TSV thinking I wanted to try the serum foundation or whatever you call it, but this morning was thinking why? I love my It CC cream, have It compact makeup that I haven't touched yet. I use Josie Maran tinted Moisturizer and have Tarte Makeup in the tube. Why try something else since I already have so much that I really like.

Do any of you do this too? Just want to try everything and then have way to much of everything? I had to check myself this morning and just say no!

Honored Contributor

Re: Ordered and then cancelled the TSV Bare Minerals, Just don't need it but....

Sort of. I have my favorite foundations/cc/bb/tm but sometimes I really like trying new ones but I try to only buy one new one after I use up another one. And I like having a few different ones on hand for different reasons- light coverage, more coverage, matte finish and satin/dewy finish. I have a few that are more moisturizing and one that is not. So I use different ones depending on what my skin needs, although some I can use regardless (like the Missha). I just think it is fun to try new things but I like to balance with what I have already.

Honored Contributor

Re: Ordered and then cancelled the TSV Bare Minerals, Just don't need it but....

I'm right there with you lately. It's easy to be tempted by other things when they appear to be so promising on the models or the reviews are so good. I too am very happy with IT CC+ Cream, but I've also been using some Korean (Missha) BB creams too. No rhyme or reason on what I choose on any given day. Recently I ordered a lipstick set from Laura Mercier. In the package was a sample of her new foundation. I tried it, even though it's not my color or preferred kind of foundation (liquid). Doggone it, I like how it feels and wears and now I'm tempted to order some! I've been trying a lot of Korean skincare products lately - a couple didn't work out, but the majority have and I'm loving the results. Still, that doesn't keep me from reading about other similar products or checking out what others might be using and liking. So many choices out there.

Honored Contributor

I took a look and thought the model this morning (Joy?) looked too ""made up"" for a look I'd like to copy. Those colors weren't for me.

Respected Contributor

It seems like I have the hardest time saying no to beauty TSV's. I am glad I am not alone.

Trusted Contributor

I ordered but I am rethinking it too. Watched the midnight presentation and to me, the models looked a bit ashy or not sure what but the colors just did not look right. I have wanted to try this foundation, comes with the brush and I am interested in that powder too. I have more than enough makeup for me and a family of 20 women but guess I will try it. I also have trouble saying no.

Super Contributor

Sure do! I was tempted by the TSV too. I've tried the foundation and wasn't wowed by it but I wanted the other pieces in the kit. Do I need them? Sure don't! I'm a fan of the loose foundation which I have enough of on hand already and Revlon's Nearly Naked Foundation. I have plenty of Mineral Veil and I'm sure I have somthing similar to the eye color, blush and lip gloss. So I'm holding strong and not ordering. I've said going forward if I can't use every piece in a beauty TSV then I'm not ordering. Just end up with a bunch of products on hand that I have to figure out what to do with.

Respected Contributor

On 9/15/2014 naturalfan said:

I ordered but I am rethinking it too. Watched the midnight presentation and to me, the models looked a bit ashy or not sure what but the colors just did not look right. I have wanted to try this foundation, comes with the brush and I am interested in that powder too. I have more than enough makeup for me and a family of 20 women but guess I will try it. I also have trouble saying no.

That is exactly me! I only have one face and have makeup for an army of women.

Thank goodness there are others like this out there. Lets keep each other strong today and not buy this TSV.

Super Contributor

LOL! 20 women. I do too. I've gotten rid of a lot of stuff but I still have more than enough makeup for just my one face

Honored Contributor

I used to buy lots of things I had no need for. ComPact helped me stop that. I might want to try a new product but I no longer buy things when I have similar ones to use up.