Super Contributor

Laura Mercier's new Fluide foundation....thoughts?

I'm on the quest for a new foundation and am hoping this one will work for me. I'm looking for medium to full coverage, not heavy feeling or cakey, and lasts all day. I've tried a few others but none of them worked for me. I went to Macy's last week but nobody was working the counter and wouldn't be back for a coule hours, I'm hoping to make it back this week. For those who have tried it, what do you think? Thanks
Honored Contributor

Re: Laura Mercier's new Fluide foundation....thoughts?

I have a couple of samples. It feels like a second skin because it is so lightweight. It's oil-free and you need to shake before each use. Flawless finish. I consider it med. coverage. Once I use up what I have on hand, I would definitely purchase it. I love the fact that is so lightweight & long lasting.

kindness is strength
Regular Contributor

I love Laura Mercier products! I am going to Sephora today to get a sample.
Super Contributor

Ella, when I was in Sephora Friday looking for a new foundation, the rep told me it was comparable to Yves Saint Laurent's new Fusion Ink (this was the foundation I went in with my heart set on gettting), @ about $15 less. If that is true, the YSL foundation is AMAZING. So, I would say try it!

Frequent Contributor

Does this new LM foundation contain fragrance? Thanks!
Honored Contributor

On 9/14/2014 kmbcincy said: Does this new LM foundation contain fragrance? Thanks!

Not to my knowledge. Check her website for ingredients.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I just stepped up for the famous Armani Fluid make up. I love it. It gives me the famous Armani glow. Armani always wins all of the awards for make up. Laura Mercier and YSL as well as Armani are all in the same price range.

Respected Contributor

I got a sample in the mail and was planning on trying It today. I'll let you know what I think after I do!
Super Contributor

I generally love Mercier foundations but this one wasn't for me. It tended to cling to any dry patches or areas I had. I prefer the new Estee Lauder one to this.

Honored Contributor

If you want full coverage I would go with LM Silk Creme foundation. That's the one that I use. I love it. It's buildable and looks very natural.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau