Regular Contributor

looking for a new make up line

I am looking for another make up line there will be three beauty make up tsv's i think all in one week and they will be laura geller, it cosmetic, bobbi brown and josie moran

out of all those which one do all you beauty experts think would be good to try or even two of them if they are reasonable price. I also was considering trying out mally was watching a video on her new fluid foundation and thought it looked great. thank you

Respected Contributor

Re: looking for a new make up line

You might provide us with info on your age, skin type, how many products you would use, how much you might want to spend, how often you wear MU, and what look you like (trendy, classic, natural, smokey eye, etc).
Respected Contributor

I haven't been impressed with anything that I have tried from Bobbi Brown, but I like elements from each of the other 3 lines. So it depends on what you are looking for /need.

Regular Contributor

i'm 49 and have sensitive skin and i have light to medium skin tone, sun spots from having to much fun in the sun on my single days before i got married and had kids. I'm not sure if i have cool or warm under tones i know i do look good in coral and light pink tones and neutrals

I'm looking for make up that make my face look natural not like im wearing make up i would like that no make up look i like my make up look light i don't like to wear heavy make up, i have some sign of aging i would like full coverage to cover all my sun spots and brighten my skin. I think i got everything.

Regular Contributor

Oh and the eyes natural little smokey eye but not heavy, I normaly like powder foundation my skin doesn't like liquid foundation unless i can find one that doesn't bother my skin. and does make my skin feel greasy or heavy.

Valued Contributor

I think you would like it tsv. And laura Geller. Bobby brown is always nice. Have fun!
Honored Contributor

I'm not a foundation wearer so I haven't tried any of the foundations but I like the It cosmetics I have tried. I haven't tried Bobbi Brown nor Josie Maran and I was not impressed with Laura Geller or Mally. Skinn will be on shophq shortly and his makeup line is good and I have tried his plasma foundation which I liked. very natural and you couldn't feel it on your skin
Regular Contributor

who is skinn and who is shopq is i know of qvc i don't watch too those shopping channels

Honored Contributor

On 9/13/2014 bequeen said:

who is skinn and who is shopq is i know of qvc i don't watch too those shopping channels

Shop HQ is just another shopping channel with different lines of cosmetics and skincare like QVC or HSN . Skinn is a line of skincare and cosmetics created and marketed by esthetician Dimitri James. I am NOT impressed with his skin care but I do like his cosmetics
Honored Contributor

On 9/13/2014 bequeen said:

i'm 49 and have sensitive skin and i have light to medium skin tone, sun spots from having to much fun in the sun on my single days before i got married and had kids. I'm not sure if i have cool or warm under tones i know i do look good in coral and light pink tones and neutrals

I'm looking for make up that make my face look natural not like im wearing make up i would like that no make up look i like my make up look light i don't like to wear heavy make up, i have some sign of aging i would like full coverage to cover all my sun spots and brighten my skin. I think i got everything.

I can't recommend any of the lines you're asking about because I haven't used them. What you're saying that you want though--natural looking like you're not wearing make-up but with full coverage--sounds like what I wear in Laura Mercier. She has a foundation called Silk Creme Foundation. She has many shades to choose from. I've worn LM for over ten years and have never been tempted to try another line. I would highly recommend going to a LM counter and getting a color match. I know you would love it.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau