Valued Contributor

Anyone ever receive a 'defective' IT celebration foundation?

I love this foundation. The first compact I got was amazing, I think this was the first foundation I ever used the whole thing and reordered. The second compact I received is defective... there is something off either with the powder itself or the way it was pressed into the compact. about half the compact is as hard as a rock and I can't get it onto the brush to put on my face!! very disappointing.

I absolutely love the stuff (when I can get it on my face), so I want to order another one but I'm afraid of getting another dud. I can't return this old one because I was using up my first compact and I didn't open the new one within the return window and I didn't save the packaging.

has this happened to any of you ladies?

Super Contributor

Re: Anyone ever receive a 'defective' IT celebration foundation?

Depends on how long ago you bought it, but if it's defective, call CS, tell them the situation and they will probably replace it for you or refund your money if you want to reorder. Personally, I wouldn't be afraid of re-ordering. The chances of getting another bad one is very low.

Honored Contributor

Yes awhile ago. I though they had fixed the issue but I've seen more threads on this lately so it sounds like another round of possible quality control issues. Someone mentioned they contacted IT directly and IT requested a copy of their receipt and sent them a new one. I asked them if the new one is better but the poster never responded. You might try that?

Valued Contributor

thanks ladies. I actually purchased it back in May once I hit pan in my original compact. I didn't break into it until a couple weeks ago and I don't wear makeup every day. I wonder if they will still let me exchange. I was thinking of scraping the top layer off with a knife to see if it is any better underneath.

Super Contributor

I would contact qvc first and see if they will refund you or send you another one, and if they won't help, contact It cosmetics. good luck

Honored Contributor

On 9/11/2014 tantallum said:

thanks ladies. I actually purchased it back in May once I hit pan in my original compact. I didn't break into it until a couple weeks ago and I don't wear makeup every day. I wonder if they will still let me exchange. I was thinking of scraping the top layer off with a knife to see if it is any better underneath.

I tried that but I kept having to do it. I also tried using a hard brush to brush off the first layer but again, I had to do every time I tried to pick up any powder. I finally just threw it out- too much work and it never did go on well anyway.

Respected Contributor

I loved the first IT foundation I received. The Light color was perfect. I reordered before I finished the first compact being confident in the product. Well, the Light color has changed. It is now much more yellow than the original. I can't use it. Was way beyond the 30 day return period by the time I tried it out so I am stuck with it. I'm now trying to find a replacement. Laura Geller BNB in Fair is good sometimes and not so good other times. Depends on how the colors are mixed in the compact. Had to scrape a good deal of the yellow pigment out of the last compact in order to use it. Have had this problem with the LG product before. There is too much variation in color from one compact to another even in the same shade. Still searching for the perfect foundation.

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama
Frequent Contributor

I have never used the IT Celebration foundation but have seen a few women on youtube who have complained about this same problem...the product gets very hard after it has been used a while. A few of these women have thought that the oil from their skin is transferred via brush into the compact and somehow hardens or oxidizes the powder...

Occasional Contributor

I haven't had a problem with the foundation, but I did receive a defective lip gloss last month. It was included in the second shipment from a TSV a few months earlier. The shipment had been back-ordered, so I didn't want to chance sending the entire kit back to QVC for an exchange, so I emailed IT Cosmetics directly. I received an email response the next morning. She asked for a copy of my receipt (I replied back with a screen print of my order info) and shipped a new gloss out immediately. She also reiterated that they were there to help if I ever have any other issues. I was impressed by the customer service I received. I'm willing to bet that they would be willing to replace your foundation. Good luck!

Valued Contributor

On 9/11/2014 bj042499 said:

I haven't had a problem with the foundation, but I did receive a defective lip gloss last month. It was included in the second shipment from a TSV a few months earlier. The shipment had been back-ordered, so I didn't want to chance sending the entire kit back to QVC for an exchange, so I emailed IT Cosmetics directly. I received an email response the next morning. She asked for a copy of my receipt (I replied back with a screen print of my order info) and shipped a new gloss out immediately. She also reiterated that they were there to help if I ever have any other issues. I was impressed by the customer service I received. I'm willing to bet that they would be willing to replace your foundation. Good luck!

Thanks BJ, do you happen to have the email address? or if I go to their website, will it be there easy to find?

It's weird because it didn't turn hard AFTER I used it awhile, rather it was hard as a rock right from the start. It seemed to be worse over the 'IT cosmetics' logo that they have pressed into the powder, so I thought maybe whatever process they use to imprint that logo on it just pushed too hard and compacted everything else beneath it... so I did scrape off the top layer. if it does not work, I'll contact IT.

thanks everyone!