Super Contributor

suggestions for best makeup to wear when taking a drivers license picture.

Lots of illuminator? Lots of highlight? Lots of undereye concealer? What is best for pictures like a drivers license? I take awful pictures anyway and need to be in the best light. Also, is blue the best color to wear?

Valued Contributor

Re: suggestions for best makeup to wear when taking a drivers license picture.

Kim Kardashian had her professional hair, make-up and clothing stylists for her License picture so I guess that's one way to go{#emotions_dlg.blink}

Super Contributor

On 8/29/2014 virgosun said:

Kim Kardashian had her professional hair, make-up and clothing stylists for her License picture so I guess that's one way to go{#emotions_dlg.blink}

LOL! OK... I will give them a call{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Esteemed Contributor

It is funny the topic of driver's license came up. I just had mine done over this week. My license picture was taken when my hair was dark. It is now white and blonde (don't ask). I wouldn't have cared except that I am flying in a couple of weeks and thought I should have a picture that actually looks like me. That was my only concern. I really don't care what the picture looks like (facially). Who, that really matters, is ever going to see it?

JMHO

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

Really????

Honored Contributor

I don't think it matters, those cameras have ugly filters on them. No matter what you do. You cannot look good.
Honored Contributor

Drivers license photos tend to come out with your skin paler and your hair flatter than it is in person.

Based on personal experience, I'd say go for Big Hair that day, whatever that means for you. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Honored Contributor

In our state they use a very low end camera. No one's pictures turn out well.

Super Contributor

now that they let you keep your picture for 8 plus years.... I guess I would like one that was not too horrible. At least they are in color...

Costco card pictures are in black and white and they are the worst EVER. I remember when I had my costco pic taken years ago the young guy who took it laughed as he handed it to me and said: ""NICE ONE""

Super Contributor

Your post is well timed!

I was just browsing this Trish McEvoy's makeup artist's youtube channel for some tips on ""triangle of light"" and she has a video on exactly what you are looking for (hair and makeup)!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6As47uNP7E