Honored Contributor

Wen Weekend (8/30) -- what's exciting and new... and anything else I can think of:)

--

Hi everyone!! I hope you all are having a wenderful summerSmiley Happy

I haven't been around much but I've been reading the Wen forum as often as I have a chance. Since Chaz's TSV presentations are less than a day away, below I've listed the main items we already know are going to be featured and well as my personal observations and suggestions... just one Wenner's thoughts on all of this bounty.

-- bebe {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

P.S. And a couple of shout outs to a few Wenners... Hilary and Kjelle I hope you both are well and thanks for holding down the fort all summerSmiley Happy HappyDaze, I hope you found the rum raisin ice cream, these days I'm off in search of peppermint stick ice creamSmiley Happy bruingirl, thank you so much for all the Dooters updates and the heads up on the 8/29 date changeSmiley Happy okiebug, I hope you are doing wellSmiley Happy beaches, I'm sending good thoughts your way and I hope you're on the mendSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Wen Weekend (8/30) -- what's exciting and new... and anything else I can think of:)

New Wenners

Welcome to the Wen forum!!! I love the Wen line of products because Wen gives me my best hair daysSmiley Happy Trying to figure out how to navigate through all the Wen products can be confusing because there are a lot of different options. This forum is a great place to learn more about Wen because folks are great about sharing their Wen expertise so don't be shy about asking any questions you may have. Wen does have a learning curve and every Wenner has gone through it. *s*

The first post in the Wen - August Chat thread has a lot of current information about the wenderful world of Wen. There are a lot of key links to topics that may be of interest to you. The Wen FAQ - key Wen links thread offers streamlined links to a variety of Wen information, while the Wen 101 thread offers more comprehensive information (start with the Wen FAQ though, it's easier to navigate). Wetdragon's tips from Chaz Dean Studio thread provides an excellent compilation of information from Chaz's site.

We also use the monthly chat thread (Wen - August Chat) for "live" chats during Chaz's Wen shows on QVC. Feel free to join in these Wen show chats. It's a great way to get to know fellow Wenners and it's a lot of fun. The Wen TSV Schedule on QVC -- August 30th thread has the most up-to-date Wen show schedule.

Per Wen Dooters -- info courtesy of bruingirl: Aug 30th wen TSV info….straight from the horse! -- the TSV will include a 32oz. Cleansing Conditioner (CC), 6oz. Styling Creme (SC), 6oz. Volumizing Treatment Spray (VTS), and 2oz. Remoist. The kit will be available in five of the Core scents (SAM, TT, FIG, LAV or POM), but it will not be available in CA. It will also be available in BGT. The TSV price for this Wen kit will be $59.96.

I think the MSRP for this kit is $164, so this kit is a great value. The 32oz. CC alone generally sell for $49.50. in fact the Bamboo Green Tea CC option sells for around $59 these days, which is the price of the the whole TSV kit!

This is a great starter kit for new Wenners. With regard to which formula to choose, I would recommend either the Tea Tree (TT) option or the Pomegranate (POM) option mainly because these two formulas seem to work well for most people. Most of the QVC hosts and models incorporate TT into their Wen regimen. Sweet Almond Mint (SAM) is also a good option though some people with fine hair (such as me) have found that it can weigh their hair down. If your hair needs a of moisture, then the FIG option may work best for you.

-- bebe Smile
Honored Contributor

Re: Wen Weekend (8/30) -- what's exciting and new... and anything else I can think of:)

Wen products we already know will be featured this weekend...

___

* TSV -- WEN by ChazDean Cleanse and Treat Salon Experience

Per Wen Dooters, this info is courtesy of bruingirl: Aug 30th wen TSV info….straight from the horse! The TSV will include a 32oz. Cleansing Conditioner (CC), 6oz. Styling Creme (SC), 6oz. Volumizing Treatment Spray (VTS), and 2oz. Remoist. The kit will be available in five of the Core scents (SAM, TT, FIG, LAV or POM), but it will not be available in CA. It will also be available in BGT. The TSV price for this Wen kit will be $59.96.

I think the MSRP for this kit is $164, so this kit is a great value. The 32oz. CC alone generally sell for $49.50. in fact the Bamboo Green Tea CC option sells for around $59 these days, which is the price of the the whole TSV kit!

This is a great starter kit for new Wenners. With regard to which formula to choose, I would recommend either the Tea Tree (TT) option or the Pomegranate (POM) option mainly because these two formulas seem to work well for most people. Most of the QVC hosts and models incorporate TT into their Wen regimen. Sweet Almond Mint (SAM) is also a good option though some people with fine hair (such as me) have found that it can weigh their hair down. If your hair needs a of moisture, then the FIG option may work best for you.

If you want the Bamboo Green Tea option, then make sure to order it at midnight. For last March's Wen TSV, the BTG sold out 26 minutes into the first presentation at midnight. -- Also, we've just seen a price hike for the 32oz. Seasonal CCs to $58. So since Chaz has described BGT as a "hybrid" between the Core CCs and 613 CC; and that BTG is closer to the Seasonals in composition, I think that the 32oz BGT CC will be priced at $58 in the future. Since the Seasonal SC is priced higher than the Core SC, probably BGT SC will be priced higher as well. -- So this makes the BGT TSV an even better value.

* BGT and Seasonal pricing (my thoughts)

When BGT was first offered on Chaz's site last October, we were concerned because it was priced higher that the Core CCs. We were told not to worry because, on QVC, BGT would be priced like the Seasonal (which had the same prices as the Core CCs). This past spring, when QVC increased their price for the 16oz BGT CC, I thought that there would probably be price increases for BGT and the Seasonals. We only got vague answers until this past June when they announced that next year the BGT gallons would have a price increase. -- I'm guessing that Team Wen was trying their very best to to avoid a price increase but that the ingredients were just too expensive for them to hold the price on the Seasonals and BGT. -- Hopefully, they'll still include these formulas in TSVs so that we'll continue to be able to purchase them at better values. I'm hoping that this December's likely (5) 16oz CCs set will include a Seasonals option (even if they have to add a $10-15 surcharge for this option). The Wen TSVs going back to December 2009 thread has more information on this.

___

* WEN by Chaz Dean 32 oz. Fall Cleansing Conditioner

Note: Unbelievable, the item is in the system but it won't allow me to set up a hot link to it. Do they really want to sell FTP??!!

This gives you the opportunity to try one or more of the three Fall Seasonal scents: Fall Ginger Pumpkin (FGP), Fall Apple Spice (FAS), or Fall Tuscan Pe@r (FTP).

This is just a guess on my part, but I suspect that they've only manufactured a specific number of each of these formulas. And that when they sell out that there simply won't be enough time to create a second batch. So this offering may be a "one and done" opportunity: and when they're gone, they're really gone for the season. I would suggest that you decide what you want earlier rather than later, because later may be too late.

Right now they have a featured price of $52.74 (versus the regular $58). If you lock in the featured price, the follow-up auto-delivery shipment should also be at that featured price. -- I think the featured price is probably going to be the best pricing available for the Seasonals. I think the price will only go up (or it might sell out).

I spoke to QVC CS and they confirmed that you should be able to switch to one of the other two Fall formulas for the second shipment. However, if you have ordered multiple bottles on a single order, you cannot divide that order between two formulas. Instead, when you are placing your initial order, you should place individual orders for each bottle. This would allow you to choose the various options for the follow-up shipments. -- Doing it this way will still allow you to qualify for the half-price S&H discount on multiple orders (I hope this is clear... if not, then I'll try to clarify this later).

The 16oz. Fall Seasonal CCs currently have a featured price of $32.82 (regular price is $36) with a $3 discount off each additional bottle you purchase as well as half-price S&H for the additional bottles. You can order a mixture of these Fall Seasonals and still qualify for the discount. -- There is no A-D option for the 16oz Seasonal CCs though.

I can't find the thread, but earlier tonight Dooters confirmed that the 3-piece 16oz Fall Seasonals set would not be available for this visit. To me it would make sense that the set would include one of each of the Fall Seasonals. There's no telling as to when in the fall that it will be presented, so waiting for it might mean that the Seasonal(s) you would like to try are sold out in some/all sizes by then. Since this is the first time the past Seasonals are being offered like this, there's really no way to gage how quickly they might sell out.

--

* WEN by Chaz Dean 613 Ultra Nourishing Body Treatment

While I realize that this product is expensive at $59 for an 8oz bottle, I really want to hear what Chaz has to say about it. Chaz is clearly really excited about this product and has spent a lot of time developing it. The regular body lotion is expensive but a number of people have gotten excellent results from using it. As $55 for a 4oz. bottle, the Treatments Oils are also expensive but, once again, a lot of people get excellent results with them. The 613 Body Treatment may not be for everyone but it's probably an excellent product as well. I'm looking forward to hearing what Chaz has to say about itSmiley Happy

-- bebe Smile
Honored Contributor

POSSIBLE OTO

___

* August 30th: 10pm-midnight ET Wen show -- possible OTO

I tend to think that there will be an OTO for this show. My money is on a FTP Styling Duo OTO *g*, probably the SC and the mousse like last time's SHP (A258094) Duo which was priced at $39.96. I think that there might be a $2-3 price increase this time around. -- Some other people think it might be the standard 3-pc Seasonal set (16oz CC, 2oz RTM & 1oz oil). Last season's SHP 3-pc OTO was around $36 so with the price increase I'm guessing that it would be around $39.

-- bebe Smile

Honored Contributor

OTHER WEN POSSIBILITIES

___

* 613 GALLONS

613 gallons will be available at QVC in the Fall again(probably in September since that's when the 613 gallons were offered last year). There is more information about these topics in the Wen TSVs going back to December 2009 -- items in TSV kits and prices

___

* SEASONALS FOR WINTER, SPRING & SUMMER (just my thoughts)

During Chaz's June visit, he hinted about A Wen for All Seasons -- it sounds like they going to make the prior Wen Seasonals available again a.... Chaz sounded very excited about the prospect of bringing back the past Seasonals. I would think that if the the current all Seasonals do well, then we could expect a similar pattern for the upcoming seasons.

___

* FALL TREATMENT OILS (on Chaz's site)

I haven't heard anything about the previous oils being made available again. I know that someone saw them listed on Chaz's site for a short period of time, but I tend to think that it was a error. Since this is the first time that they are bringing back past Seasonals, I think it would be too difficult for them to bring back ancillary products. (just my thoughts)

___

* RICE-BASED PRODUCTS

Someone mentioned this on another thread and it made a lot of sense to me. I think those rice-based products were probably for the BGT line.

-- bebe Smile

Respected Contributor

Wow, Bebe, that's great what you posted for us. Thank you. xo I love Wen too and I record every Wen show. I already have the new 613 body treatment on the way and I got the tsv on the way too in Bamboo. What a deal! It seems we get the three other things free. I always tell my husband that I watch for the specials during the show times. I know QVC does easy does it day and flex pay but these tsv's and oto's are really nice.

Very sweet of you to help us all.xo

Contributor

Thanks for all the good info Bebe. Just to clarify the 3-piece sets definitely won't be available for all of the seasonals but it's possible it might be available for the FTP? I've been getting those religiously from the Summer Mango Coconut last year and it would feel really odd not getting any this year. Now that I think about it I've never bought a seasonal regularly without it being on a TSV/OTO. I hope the 'All the seasonals at once' bit only comes around once every few years or so, so we can all stock up and continue on our way.

Respected Contributor

It bothers me tho that the 3 fall scents 16 oz size are $32. I'm not sure I understand why, considering the SOB and SHP are $29 like the other seasonals. I want to try the FTP but I'll really have to think about it first.
Regular Contributor

On 8/29/2014 wvumountiefan said: It bothers me tho that the 3 fall scents 16 oz size are $32. I'm not sure I understand why, considering the SOB and SHP are $29 like the other seasonals. I want to try the FTP but I'll really have to think about it first.

I would think that the cost of having fewer of each of 3 scents is higher than if they had only made the pear. Just my opinion.

Regular Contributor

Thank you bebe777!! I am so excited to order FGP. Going to need a bigger closet for my Wen stockpile.