Esteemed Contributor

This product made my first day curls do back flips! Moist, defined curls all day.

Yesterday, I used it on naked hair after cleansing. It was blah. Today, I mixed a few drops in with my Wen leave-in. The curls were warming up for the back flips!

This is the best silicone serum I have used in 5 years.

Frizz Ease

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Curly Girls...Your New BFF

How much WEN did you use as your leave in?

Honored Contributor

I prefer the TIGI catwalk curls rock amplier
Respected Contributor

Ooooooo! Thanks for the tip! At this moment I am using TIGI 'After Party' after every wash (I am MAD for this stuff), then after I allow my curls to dry 3/4 of the way, I use either Josie Maran's argan hair serum or Organix coconut milk serum. These products = happy curls on my head.

Honored Contributor

On 8/28/2014 islandgrrl said:

Ooooooo! Thanks for the tip! At this moment I am using TIGI 'After Party' after every wash (I am MAD for this stuff), then after I allow my curls to dry 3/4 of the way, I use either Josie Maran's argan hair serum or Organix coconut milk serum. These products = happy curls on my head.

I use the curls rock on dry hair and amplify it does! It's pretty magical stuff. the Deva curl is similar in results, a lot more expensive but no silicones if that's important to you
Respected Contributor

Andreatoo: I've heard really great things about Deva. I have not tried it yet but I should.

Super Contributor

I just bought this serum too and have tried it after wen leave in with just okay results, maybe I should mix it with my leave in. How many pumps do you use? I've been using just 1 because I'm afraid to use too much.

Super Contributor

My stylist carries Mixed Chicks for those of color with curly hair. I tried it many moons ago, but have been a WENnie for years. My hair doesn't know what it who I am so your product may be a good alternative.

Respected Contributor

On 8/28/2014 F1wild said:

My stylist carries Mixed Chicks for those of color with curly hair.

Mixed Chicks? It sounds like me! I have not heard of this line.

Super Contributor

On 8/28/2014 islandgrrl said:
On 8/28/2014 F1wild said:

My stylist carries Mixed Chicks for those of color with curly hair.

Mixed Chicks? It sounds like me! I have not heard of this line.

I never heard of it until I started at her salon several years ago. If you try it let us know how it worked for you.