Frequent Contributor

Gals with rosacea and paulas choice products...Am I the only one who doesn't like them??

As much as I WANT To like these products, I just can't seem to use them. I've tried the hydralight kit which made me flakey but oily as well and the skin recovery just makes me more oily. Normally I am just slightly oily in summer and a bit drier in winter. The 1 percent BHA lotion made me really itchy. Just went back to derm.,and she gave me finacea gel. So far, ok. I guess I just want to vent.... it is so frustrating having rosacea. The derm. Said I shouldn't use clinique,that it's irritating. She reccommended Cerave, which seems to make me more red.. right now I'm just using neutragena cleanser and moisturizer. Not real impressed!
Honored Contributor

Re: Gals with rosacea and paulas choice products...Am I the only one who doesn't like them??

sorry you aren't having any luck. I don't have rosacea but one of my best girlfriends has it but since switching over to mostly PC's products, she rarely has any issues with it. I have never seen her skin so lovely and I know it has helped her self esteem. I hope you can find a line that works for you, as I know from talking with her, it is a very frustrating thing to deal with it. Good luck to you!

Frequent Contributor

Re: Gals with rosacea and paulas choice products...Am I the only one who doesn't like them??

Thanks HappyDaze!!
Super Contributor

Try Obagi Rosacea line. It's super gentle on the skin and works at calming down the redness. I also use IT concealer which does a great job in hideing any redness and is still gentle for super sensitive skin.

Frequent Contributor

Sunshine, I will check these out,thanks for the reply!!!
New Contributor

Hi,

I had the same problem with Paula's Choice. I have rosacea and really dry skin. I really really wanted to like the products after reading all the rave reviews here, but in the end, the cleanser wasn't any better than using Cerave (which i was already using), the moisturizers were too light and i couldn't use the serum or any other items in the kit as they made me flare up. The 1 single item I liked was the toner. That was it. I sadly returned everything. PC was very good about the return though- I had a refund on my CC within 2 days of them receiving the return. I was very bummed it didn't work out :/

Respected Contributor

Paula's Choice was a miss for me too. I tried Skinn and I sent it back. I have Rosecea and this is what works for me: Clinique's Foaming Cleanser, The Body Shops Aloe am and pm moisturizers. Once a week I use Amore Pacific's Enzyme Peel.its pricey, but I bought a sample size on eBay to try it out first. Love this! It's not a peel, but a powder that exfoliates. It's extremely gentle. No scrubbies in it and when I wipe it off, it feels like my pores have been vacuumed! I have no redness now; just peaches n cream completion. The hard thing is what works for me may not work for you. Get samples of everything and try them for a week. Good luck!
Super Contributor

Best of luck in finding products that work for you. I, too, use Finacea, and I use Cetaphil as a cleanser twice a day. I also use the Cetaphil moisturizer in the cold months. I do use Paula's toner and the BHA product. I started with her liquid makeup because I was looking for something that would not irritate my skin and it works great. Each face is different.

Super Contributor

I can only use a few PC products, the Resist Cleanser, the Redness Relief treatment, and the moisture mask. All of her serums and moisturizers break me out. I like the BHA foam, but can only use it once a week during the summer when my skin isn't so sensitive.

I can't use a Cerave either, it irritates my skin and makes it sting.

Valued Contributor

I thought the PC products I tried were "fine" ... meaning, nothing special and I didn't repurchase.