Valued Contributor

phytoceramides? it was on Dr oz...

Has anyone tried this? It is a pill you take, found some on Amazon but so many to choose from! It is like a facelift? If you've tried this, Do you recommend any particular kind? TIA
Respected Contributor

Re: phytoceramides? it was on Dr oz...

I hope you realize good ol Dr. Oz endorses tons of things that are not always proven to be effective and some have harmed people. Money seems to be his best friend and is paid a lot to endorse products. Please do your homework and speak with your own Dr before taking anything.

Frequent Contributor

Hi, In regards to the phytoceramides. Yes, I have been taking it for three months. I did not tell anyone I was taking it, (you take it orally), and a few of my friends and family members told me out of the blue my skin seems more puffy.( A good puff)..!! Asked me if I was using some new moisturizer. So I told them and now they are on board also. I researched it and it is true( I am in medical field). I use "Life Extension". That is a very reputable company and the price is good. There are other fly by night companies that are selling this, however since I know of life extension vitamins, I have chosen to use this brand. 350 mg. once daily. Give it a good three months. After about six weeks for me, I was putting on my make up and noticed a difference in my neck/chest area, as well as my face, arms, legs,. well, all over really. Love this.. works for me. Also the vitamin C serum, I use, pure vitamin C. I got from a company called "nufountain". It is made fresh when shipped and even hand right on bottle when made.They also will give you information regarding their product. That is a great company too. Be careful on who you buy from, there are a lot of fakes out there. Good luck!! As far as the vitamin c serum, keep bottle in a dark place like a dresser drawer or something. It should always always come in a dark amber bottle anyhow. If not , it is not authentic...vitamin C. Do not mix with anything else. Use this by itself. It will burn a tad, but after a few nights of applying it to face, it will stop...I can't say enough good things about this!!!

Valued Contributor

The reviews on amazon and drugstore.com seem pretty good!
Valued Contributor

On 8/28/2014 sinut said:

Hi, In regards to the phytoceramides. Yes, I have been taking it for three months. I did not tell anyone I was taking it, (you take it orally), and a few of my friends and family members told me out of the blue my skin seems more puffy.( A good puff)..!! Asked me if I was using some new moisturizer. So I told them and now they are on board also. I researched it and it is true( I am in medical field). I use "Life Extension". That is a very reputable company and the price is good. There are other fly by night companies that are selling this, however since I know of life extension vitamins, I have chosen to use this brand. 350 mg. once daily. Give it a good three months. After about six weeks for me, I was putting on my make up and noticed a difference in my neck/chest area, as well as my face, arms, legs,. well, all over really. Love this.. works for me. Also the vitamin C serum, I use, pure vitamin C. I got from a company called "nufountain". It is made fresh when shipped and even hand right on bottle when made.They also will give you information regarding their product. That is a great company too. Be careful on who you buy from, there are a lot of fakes out there. Good luck!! As far as the vitamin c serum, keep bottle in a dark place like a dresser drawer or something. It should always always come in a dark amber bottle anyhow. If not , it is not authentic...vitamin C. Do not mix with anything else. Use this by itself. It will burn a tad, but after a few nights of applying it to face, it will stop...I can't say enough good things about this!!!

thank you! I think I saw that brand, I'll check out the vitamin c as well!
Frequent Contributor

Dr. Oz did not recommend this. There were two top plastic surgeons on the show a while back that were telling him about it. Also same two plastic surgeons were on the news as well as the show "" The Doctors"". Just saying

Super Contributor

These seem to have worked for many. They've been FDA approved so if buying from a reputable company should be okay. A few things to consider, 350 mg/day is the recommended dosage, make sure the product is made in the USA (to avoid any contamination). Also, since phytoceramides are derived from wheat, rice and sweet potato, if you're gluten intolerant or have celiac disease you have to avoid the wheat sourced.

I'd be interested in your experience if you choose to try this. Good luck!

Super Contributor

On 8/28/2014 brandiwine said:

I hope you realize good ol Dr. Oz endorses tons of things that are not always proven to be effective and some have harmed people. Money seems to be his best friend and is paid a lot to endorse products. Please do your homework and speak with your own Dr before taking anything.

Dr Oz just let us know about things that are available. Surely you know not all thing work for all people and he even says that. If he was endorsing something it would be a brand, not something generic. It is a shame that some people don't have common sense and they believe everything they hear or don't believe anything they hear. Yes, we all need to do our homework. And as Dr. Oz says, consult your Dr. before taking any supplements.

Valued Contributor

On 8/28/2014 F1wild said:

These seem to have worked for many. They've been FDA approved so if buying from a reputable company should be okay. A few things to consider, 350 mg/day is the recommended dosage, make sure the product is made in the USA (to avoid any contamination). Also, since phytoceramides are derived from wheat, rice and sweet potato, if you're gluten intolerant or have celiac disease you have to avoid the wheat sourced.

I'd be interested in your experience if you choose to try this. Good luck!

thanks! I'll let you know in a few months
Super Contributor

I ordered some too!