Contributor

What is your hair type, and which are your favorite CCs?

Hi everyone! I thought it would be a good idea to start a topic where we can list our hair types, and which cleansing conditioners we like the best for our hair! Feel free to add any other favorite Wen products for your hair type as well, maybe this will even help new users figure out which ones they want to try/buy!

My hair type is fine and straight, color treated. My favorite CCs are Fall Ginger Pumpkin, Summer Mango Coconut, Pomegranate, and 613. They tend to give me more body then any of the others. (I've tried them all except Bamboo and Kids.) Of all the other Wen products, my favorite is the mousse!

Regular Contributor

Re: What is your hair type, and which are your favorite CCs?

I only use Wen occasionally now, because it became way to pricey as my daily go to. I do still love and keep on hand to use when I need to guarantee a great hair day!

My hair type is a bit strange actually...it is long and naturally curly (I go with my curls) dry, needs way more moisture than protein and the strange part is that I have both fine (tiny little strands but plenty of it) and coarse texture. I use the Fig. I believe Chaz typically says fine hair and Fig don't go together...but for me it does, I think because it needs so much moisture.

For me, the other products in his line are not HG items....I think other products available that cater to curly girls work better, but that's just IMHO.

Super Contributor

I have baby fine, dry, straight hair, ear length and layered. I've only been using wen since March and haven't tried all the flavors yet.

My current favorite is wen kids strawberry banana. I like the TT a lot too. POM worked well and I will order it again in the future. I like 613 too.

For other products I love the styling creme, especially the SHP one

Super Contributor

Mermaid Kelly, we have similar hair type. My hair is fine and straight, and although I don't color treat, I do need some extra moisture to counter the curling and blow drying, as well as seasonal changes in temp and humidity. I have tried all but the kids. My favs are summer mango, winter vanilla, cranberry, fig, TT. I rarely use just one, I am constantly mixing them. I like mixing bamboo and 613 the scents and the properties compliment each other. My favorite support products are the vts and the sc. Michele
Respected Contributor

My hair is very thick, but fine textured. It is dark blonde with color highlights. I also have a slight wave which I usually blow dry straight. My favorite cc is TT. I use it as my first cleanse every time I cleanse. I usually cleanse daily or every other day. For my second cleanse, I rotate pomegranate, lavender, sweet almond mint, bamboo green tea, and the seasonals. I also love the Wen kids line. I also use the styling creme, replenishing mist, and oils daily.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Honored Contributor

Medium texture, wavy, color treated, almost tailbone length. My mainstays are the Kids, TT and Fig. I can only use the seasonals, 613 and BGT sometimes as they can make my hair feel rough and tangled and frizzy. So far, I haven't completely figured out what causes it. I started using Remoist as leave in again.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Frequent Contributor

This is a great thread! But I need help....my hair is thick, color treated, and dry! I know that fig is the most moisturizing! But I what to use something else because I don't like the smell! I was thinking bamboo! Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated
Honored Contributor

I don't like the smell of fig either, but there isn't an adequate substitute, so I use it anyway.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Frequent Contributor

I was wondering if bamboo green tea would be good to use too
Valued Contributor

On 8/22/2014 mommy4 said: This is a great thread! But I need help....my hair is thick, color treated, and dry! I know that fig is the most moisturizing! But I what to use something else because I don't like the smell! I was thinking bamboo! Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated
I'm with you on the smell of FIG, I don't like it either but the formula is great! I think the Summer Honey Peach is a great substitute. But you only have until the end of August to get it. I think it's worth it! It really is a great formula and my natural curly hair really likes it. I still use Fig occasionally but I mix it with TT when I do and just plug my nose, lol!! The SHP is really moisturizing and keep my curls tangle free. Hope this helps you!
Love my Wen, Love my Animals! God Bless You All!