Super Contributor

DRUGSTORE FOUNDATION DISCOVERY

I stumbled across what I think is a good cream to powder (my description) foundation. I was looking for something cheap to use just for running errands, when you hope to not run into anyone you know. It is Cover Girl Aqua Smooth, comes in a blue compact and costs about $6. I am fair and the Ivory looks custom blended for me. It also has SPF20. It is not a cream despite my description, but I believe that is what it is technically called. It is solid in the compact, feels moist when applied and looks good on. It is no longer my errand make up, I have worn it to church and plan on wearing it whenever/wherever. I am amazed at how nice it is, considering the price. Have never used Cover Girl before, perhaps I need to take a closer look. Anyway, just wanted to share with you nice ladies.
Contributor

Re: DRUGSTORE FOUNDATION DISCOVERY

I agree with you: this is a good product. I have used and even repurchased!
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the rec. I've been looking for something lighter than a liquid and don't like the powder foundations that end up all over the place. Will definitely pick one up the next time I'm at Walgreens.

Respected Contributor

I'm wondering about the SPF....Amazon.com has it and they say it's SPF 15.....Is it the same thing?

Respected Contributor

Thanks for taking the time to review it. I haven't used covergirl since HS and think i will get it next time I am in walgreens. Don't know why I just never look at cosmetics at the drugstore anymore. Need to change that.

Esteemed Contributor

I've used AquaSmooth for over 20 years and have recommended it several times on this board. So glad to hear someone else likes it! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} It's perfect for my oily skin, the "ivory" is a perfect match to my complexion, and it's buildable for when my skin is having a bad day.

I've never heard of having a "running errands" foundation before...... AquaSmooth is my every day and special occasion foundation.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Super Contributor

That's my next choice after I run out of dream smooth mousse. I like quick and easy matte.

Super Contributor

Sarahpanda, I don't know if it is the same or not. The label says SPF20 and the container/compact is dark blue. HTH
Super Contributor

Tototwo, ha ha. My "running errands"makeup is just when I want to slap something on in a hurry and don't much care how it turns out. Boy, was I surprised with this. It turned out great. It looks as good, maybe even better, than Skinn's Plasma and is so much easier to apply. This may turn out to be my HG. I don't know how CG can do for this price.
Esteemed Contributor

Sorry, dobiesrule -- honestly, I wasn't teasing or making fun of you. It just struck me as funny that someone would have different foundations for different occasions -- running errands being one of those occasions. Yes, one thing I love about AquaSmooth is that I can brush it on in about 60 seconds. It looks good when first applied, and looks better and better as the hours go by. Plus the SPF benefits. I don't care how they do it for $6 - I just want CG to keep doing it!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt