Respected Contributor

WEN making my hair very flyaway - what to do?

After using 613 for a month and loving it back in June my hair became very flyaway. So I switched to Tea Tree alone or TT and SAM - loved it for a month and my hair is again flyaway. Any suggestions?

My hair is very fine and thinning by the way.

Could it be the styling products? I mix the styling cream (either 613 or SAM) with SAM volumizing spray then use mousse (POM, SAM or 613.)

Also I use a lima bean sized amount of leave-in CC.

Super Contributor

Re: WEN making my hair very flyaway - what to do?

Maybe try more leave in, and or styling products. My hair is flyaway if I don't use any leave in or styling products, maybe you just need to add a little more to help tame your hair.

Super Contributor

I also find if I don't use mousse or not enough, my hair is fly away, so maybe even a tad more mousse as your last step.

Respected Contributor

It sounds like you got too much protein for using too much 613 and/or not enough moisture from TT or SAM. Most likely the SAM. I suggest you go for a more moisturizing formula and mix in the others, using 613 at intervals.
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Respected Contributor

On 8/20/2014 Kjelle said: It sounds like you got too much protein for using too much 613 and/or not enough moisture from TT or SAM. Most likely the SAM. I suggest you go for a more moisturizing formula and mix in the others, using 613 at intervals.

What CC? POM or FIG?

Thanks.

Respected Contributor

On 8/20/2014 ginabfly said:

I also find if I don't use mousse or not enough, my hair is fly away, so maybe even a tad more mousse as your last step.

Thanks I'll try that.

Respected Contributor

On 8/20/2014 ginabfly said:

Maybe try more leave in, and or styling products. My hair is flyaway if I don't use any leave in or styling products, maybe you just need to add a little more to help tame your hair.

Thanks - will try this.

Respected Contributor

On 8/20/2014 Frannie said:
On 8/20/2014 Kjelle said: It sounds like you got too much protein for using too much 613 and/or not enough moisture from TT or SAM. Most likely the SAM. I suggest you go for a more moisturizing formula and mix in the others, using 613 at intervals.

What CC? POM or FIG?

Thanks.

POM works great for me. Chaz definitely says FIG is the most moisturizing core, but some don't like the smell. I don't use it. The absolute most moisturizing I've tried including WVM is the current SHP, you might get some of that now or next Summer. Being a seasonal, It will have more protein than a core formula but not as much as 613. In the case that you are ever using a lot of seasonals, you will use even less 613 so you don't get dryness or get brittle. That's my case. I only use 613 once a month or so.
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Super Contributor

I had this problem too a while back. Try mixing 613 with TT or fig for the right amount of protein and moisture. I rarely use any formula alone and get the best results this way.

Respected Contributor

On 8/21/2014 FLsunlover said:

I had this problem too a while back. Try mixing 613 with TT or fig for the right amount of protein and moisture. I rarely use any formula alone and get the best results this way.

Thanks. I'll try the FIG and the TT with 613.