Occasional Contributor

Can you lovely Wen experts rec a formula for me?

I am a former Wen girl who strayed for the past two years, with awful results. I'm back to using the Wen, but my hair isn't quite responding as I'd hoped. My main hair issues are hair loss (working with MD on this...), frizziness, and very dry ends. I'm unsigned the TT now, and love the scalp feeling, but my ends are getting drier.... I'm also using the TT oil as an overnight treatment and the mist. Thank you for the recs!
Honored Contributor

Re: Can you lovely Wen experts rec a formula for me?

Fig is great for moisture. Of course you could just use coconut oil on your length. Leave it on for a few ours and then cleanse with Wen.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Occasional Contributor

Ty! I can't do the scent of fig. Smiley Sad I do use a combo of oils on my ends, but I still need more moisture... I have sort of ethnic, curly, dry dry processed hair.
Honored Contributor

I have to use the Fig for moisture. If you don't like the scent of Fig (I don't, either) you can try mixing it with Tea Tree. I usually do Fig on my length and Tea Tree on my scalp, then finish with Fig. If that's just not going to work for you because of the Fig scent, you might want to get the ReMoist treatment ans use that once a week.

Valued Contributor

Have you tried the Summer Honey Peach? So many of us have had great results with this new formula containing the honey complex.

Respected Contributor

On 8/18/2014 w84WEN said:

Have you tried the Summer Honey Peach? So many of us have had great results with this new formula containing the honey complex.

I agree with trying the SHP since it is only going to be available until the end of August. I also agree with trying Fig since this is very moisturizing.

Honored Contributor

Coconut oil works better for moisture on the ends than the Wen oils IME. I used to use the Wen oils on my length, I reserve them for my scalp now where they do the most good.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Super Contributor

The summer seasonal mixed with equal amount of 613. I cleanse only once...get hair really wet, massage in enough (don't skimp) leave in two minutes while showering. Rinse WELL---very well. I don't use a leave in pump, but I so use a small pump of fig styling cream on wet hair. Love the results, hate the smell of the fig, but it diminishes quickly. Also love the Alterna CC cream for hair---this is a styling cream. Also love Perfect Hair Day by Living Proof as styling cream.

I only have to cleanse every other day---which is amazing...

Great results...the core WEN products did not work for me. Just certain seasonals with the 613.

Good luck.

Respected Contributor

Chaz's website now has an area where you answer some questions about your hair and they make a recommendation for you (actually they give you 3 -- best, better, good). Maybe you should try that and see what they say?

Honored Contributor

Best wishes with the hair loss.

Remoist? SC also helps me with ends.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras